SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statesboro Herald predicts 2017 Sun Belt standings

Default Statesboro Herald predicts 2017 Sun Belt standings

http://www.statesboroherald.com/sect...article/81394/

Here's something to start off game week. Probably a bit optimistic, but I really think it's harder to talk yourself into 8 losses than it is to do the same for 8 wins.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Default Re: Statesboro Herald predicts 2017 Sun Belt standings

Exchange Georgia State and Coastal Carolina and it's about right. I'll be surprised if State averages more than 20 points a game.

Hopefully for their sake Travis Trickett learned a lot about the air raid from Chris Hatcher. Chucking the ball to Penny Hart about 15 times a game might be their best hope to not be anemic on offense.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 27th August 2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Exchange Georgia State and Coastal Carolina and it's about right. I'll be surprised if State averages more than 20 points a game.

Hopefully for their sake Travis Trickett learned a lot about the air raid from Chris Hatcher. Chucking the ball to Penny Hart about 15 times a game might be their best hope to not be anemic on offense.
    But their HC wants to run the ball.

They won't be very successful running the ball in Air Raid concepts.....they don't have the OL for it.

Just two SBC losses? Not so sure about that. Assuming losses at App and against Troy, but we beat BOTH of stAte and ULL? Ehh. Trying to be optimistic but that's really hoping for something there.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    Just two SBC losses? Not so sure about that. Assuming losses at App and against Troy, but we beat BOTH of stAte and ULL? Ehh. Trying to be optimistic but that's really hoping for something there.
    Projections and predictions are just that. It's more for entertainment and discussion.

That said, Arky St could have been a blowout win if GS hadn't refused to cash in five turnovers. And who knows how ULL goes if there aren't two injured quarterbacks and an offense that had completely lost its identity and confidence.

App and Troy should be the only teams in the conference that challenge us if we get back to somewhat functional on offense.

ULL ain't ****.

stAte is going to try to do something on offense they're not built for (sound familiar?) and I definitely like our chances at home.

Georgia Southern at their worst should not lose more than 2 SB games.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

For the record, I have us somehow pulling off the upset to screw with App, but losing to Troy and at ULL.

I have a full rubric for that article, so those aren't total guesses when it comes to overall and conference records. I'd share it, but even over-caffeinated doctors with poor organization skills would find my handwriting hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    stAte is going to try to do something on offense they're not built for (sound familiar?) and I definitely like our chances at home.
    What is this?

FWIW, I think we beat Ark State. I'm more confident we'll beat them than I am we'll beat Troy or App.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    What is this?

FWIW, I think we beat Ark State. I'm more confident we'll beat them than I am we'll beat Troy or App.
    I'm with you. Troy is our worst Sub Belt game in terms of matchups.