SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Depth Chart - At Auburn

Default Re: Depth Chart - At Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    Shooooot....Leander Barney was going to be THE MAN if he had kept his s*** together
    I thought at the time that he was overrated. He was kinda like a left-handed Monteo Garrett with significantly less straight-line speed.

The real offensive monsters in that class were Samir Baker and Demarcus Watts. But they made even poorer off-field choices than Barney, apparently.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I thought at the time that he was overrated. He was kinda like a left-handed Monteo Garrett with significantly less straight-line speed.

The real offensive monsters in that class were Samir Baker and Demarcus Watts. But they made even poorer off-field choices than Barney, apparently.
    Sounds like they could have benefitted from Character Development.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the logic here. Are we bashing the dude who lost his talent as a result of severe knee injuries, the dude who squandered his talent through making poor choices off the field, or are we bashing hype?
    More of certain people anointing players as certain things and then it never happens....as some people have a habit of doing.

In Zeke's case, it was an unfortunate set of circumstances. I really hate how things worked out for him.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Georgia State University

November 4, 2017 - 3PM EDT (ESPN3)

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    ...(ducks and runs for any available cover)...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Well, there was a reason we got so many "steals" in the 2008 signing class . . .

But you're right: 2005-2008 was one long roster disaster. Maybe some more resources should have been put towards player development and retention.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

6. Default Re: Depth Chart - At Auburn

Who knows. Perhaps a CTS motivational meditation seminar retreat would have helped. Before his time.😎

FWIW, these are the listed weights of UCF's starting defensive front 4 in 2014.
    6'4" 260
    6'2" 270
    6'2" 299
    6'1" 283 (all-AAC)

They had one guy on that roster who was over 300 pounds and he didn't have any starts as a junior.

That was the year Summers was the DC and the defense was 4th nationally in yards per play and 9th in scoring defense. I think having a leaner and quicker defensive line really fits more into the defensive system that CTS and 'Zo are more comfortable with and they just didn't really know how to utilize the defensive linemen and linebacker personnel that they had.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    FWIW, these are the listed weights of UCF's starting defensive front 4 in 2014.
    6'4" 260
    6'2" 270
    6'2" 299
    6'1" 283 (all-AAC)

They had one guy on that roster who was over 300 pounds and he didn't have any starts as a junior.

That was the year Summers was the DC and the defense was 4th nationally in yards per play and 9th in scoring defense. I think having a leaner and quicker defensive line really fits more into the defensive system that CTS and 'Zo are more comfortable with and they just didn't really know how to utilize the defensive linemen and linebacker personnel that they had.
    Not hating on that logic of lighter DL but I want to see results.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

9. Default Re: Depth Chart - At Auburn

Those are a one time weight measurement. Wouldn't surprise me if they added 10+ pounds game time.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    More of certain people anointing players as certain things and then it never happens....as some people have a habit of doing.

In Zeke's case, it was an unfortunate set of circumstances. I really hate how things worked out for him.
    The injuries he sustained were certainly unfortunate and restricted his abilities. He made some poor choices off the field that didn't help himself either, though.