Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcast with Tyson Summers

Default Podcast with Tyson Summers

This season, the Statesboro Herald will be running a weekly podcast with Summers. The episodes will come out early in the week and will include recaps of the previous week, along with talk about the next week.

If you've listened to my podcast before, the format will be similar. It is an interview, but it's much more free flowing than a press conference and allows coaches to go more in depth than they usually do.

EDIT: Updating to share preseason episode

http://www.statesboroherald.com/sect...article/81425/
    Last edited by CC Eagle; 29th August 2017 at 10:24 AM.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

2. Default Re: Podcast with Tyson Summers

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    This season, the Statesboro Herald will be running a weekly podcast with Summers. The episodes will come out early in the week and will include recaps of the previous week, along with talk about the next week.

If you've listened to my podcast before, the format will be similar. It is an interview, but it's much more free flowing than a press conference and allows coaches to go more in depth than they usually do.
    Looking forward to it, Mike, but are you able to host a RSS feed? I'm a podcast junkie, but I'm also lazy and spend half my day in the truck.

Default Re: Podcast with Tyson Summers

Quote Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
    Looking forward to it, Mike, but are you able to host a RSS feed? I'm a podcast junkie, but I'm also lazy and spend half my day in the truck.
    That's a decision that's above my pay grade.

What I can say is that's summers' commitment to doing this each week is letting us sell ads for the show. If anyone out there wants to buy spots, I'm hopeful that some of the money can be used to make it more accessible.

Either way, I'll provide a link to the post on our website that can play each podcast on all mobile devices.
    Last edited by CC Eagle; 28th August 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Original post has link to preseason episode
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Credit to CTS he sounds less hokie and he seems to have a better off the field plan this year. I think last year hit him like a ton of bricks and he really had no clue.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Credit to CTS he sounds less hokie and he seems to have a better off the field plan this year. I think last year hit him like a ton of bricks and he really had no clue.
    Little of column A... Little of column B

I think he has definitely worked hard to identify areas where he and the coaching staff came up short. I also think that a 1-on-1 conversation is always going to sound better than a press conference. I said it before on a thread where people were dogging him for using the same crutch words over and over. Facing 10-15 media members and 5-10 cameras and answering rapid-fire questions is a whole lot different than making a speech or having a conversation.

7. Default Re: Podcast with Tyson Summers

How then do you explain that bizarre Mother's Day video from May of this year? No reporters, no questions, no pressure, nothing but a script and one camera and unlimited takes to get it right. If he wasn't ready to handle Georgia Southern/Sunbelt Conference level media questioning, he simply wasn't ready for the job. Good gracious. I really hardly blame him. The harsh but accurate defense of "give him a break, he just didn't know what he was doing last year" is more of an indictment of those who hired him than it is of Summers himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    How then do you explain that bizarre Mother's Day video from May of this year? No reporters, no questions, no pressure, nothing but a script and one camera and unlimited takes to get it right. If he wasn't ready to handle Georgia Southern/Sunbelt Conference level media questioning, he simply wasn't ready for the job. Good gracious. I really hardly blame him. The harsh but accurate defense of "give him a break, he just didn't know what he was doing last year" is more of an indictment of those who hired him than it is of Summers himself.
    I was really just hoping to shamelessly plug my podcast on this thread, but feel free to launch your 100th rant against Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    It was wonderful and not at all bizarre. I think it was great of him to do that under the circumstances. It had to be very difficult.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

10. Default Re: Podcast with Tyson Summers

Great podcast CC! Looking forward to more.