SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Today "guarantee games" article

Default USA Today "guarantee games" article

Good article showing the increase in guarantees over the past few years. Mentions our $1,300,000 check from Auburn.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ams/608668001/

Default Re: USA Today "guarantee games" article

Yet another reason why I do not buy into the "Power 5 is going to leave the NCAA" theory. The contracts for these guarantee games aren't signed as part of a charity operation. They are market commodities like anything else.

Also, for an AD that people here seem to think is some kind of rube when it comes to scheduling, he sure is negotiating some nice paychecks...
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    Good article showing the increase in guarantees over the past few years. Mentions our $1,300,000 check from Auburn.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ams/608668001/
    Remember when the DIV I feasibility study projected had money games at 250K-500K....IIRC. We should ask for our money back on that report it has proven to be about worthless.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Remember when the DIV I feasibility study projected had money games at 250K-500K....IIRC. We should ask for our money back on that report it has proven to be about worthless.
    The report delivered exactly what it was supposed to.

5. Default Re: USA Today "guarantee games" article

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Yet another reason why I do not buy into the "Power 5 is going to leave the NCAA" theory. The contracts for these guarantee games aren't signed as part of a charity operation. They are market commodities like anything else.

Also, for an AD that people here seem to think is some kind of rube when it comes to scheduling, he sure is negotiating some nice paychecks...
    I hate to say it, but Gag and App are pulling down fat stacks also.

(I threw up in my mouth a little-just typing that.)

6. Default Re: USA Today "guarantee games" article

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Yep, I recall vividly the public meeting at the Continuing Ed Center. The former Ohio State AD who was leading the Carr Feasibility Study said our big away game guarantees would be $250,000 and that was factored into their projections. Not $500,000, he specifically said $250,000. We questioned his numbers at the time. What a sham that study was!

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Yep, I recall vividly the public meeting at the Continuing Ed Center. The former Ohio State AD who was leading the Carr Feasibility Study said our big away game guarantees would be $250,000 and that was factored into their projections. Not $500,000, he specifically said $250,000. We questioned his numbers at the time. What a sham that study was!
    Sammy "the used car salesman" Baker
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    If by that you mean Fake News, you're 100% right.

Feasibility studies honestly are a joke because there is always a bias either way based on the administration. As others have said at the time the $250K guarantee was well below the market level for payday games. Those were our FCS payouts and they used those numbers to say that would be the same payout as FBS payouts. As we know is not true. Heck Florida even upped their check to us while in our transition year.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

Yep. Wasn't there also millions of dollars we were supposedly going to have to dump into a practice facility? That thing was a complete joke, but like you said that's what it was designed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yep. Wasn't there also millions of dollars we were supposedly going to have to dump into a practice facility? That thing was a complete joke, but like you said that's what it was designed to be.
    Why does anyone still care what it said? We moved "up".
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987