TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CFB Week 1 Thread

Default Re: CFB Week 1 Thread

Something to keep an eye on for Indiana:

Passing 42-68 - 420 yards.
    Rushing 27 attempts for 17 yards.

We should find out soon if Indiana has no rushing offense or if Ohio State has an NFL rushing defense. I'm going to be very interested to see what their play selection looks like the next two weeks against UVA and FIU. One receiver had 150/420 (35%) of their receiving yards. If you're able to slow him down it looks like you've shut down their offense.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    Something to keep an eye on for Indiana:

Passing 42-68 - 420 yards.
    Rushing 27 attempts for 17 yards.

We should find out soon if Indiana has no rushing offense or if Ohio State has an NFL rushing defense. I'm going to be very interested to see what their play selection looks like the next two weeks against UVA and FIU. One receiver had 150/420 (35%) of their receiving yards. If you're able to slow him down it looks like you've shut down their offense.
    They really didn't look impressive defending the perimeter, either. Our offensive personnel is obviously not what Ohio State's is, but I think we've got more than adequate speed to create problems for them.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Did not watch all of the game but could tell OSU was going to make a run after that one pass where the guy took it to the house. IU has one really good receiver and that is about it luckily our strength is in our DB core and we will have tape on that quick pass O they are trying to run. Their O line held up early but was fading fast before I turned it. Adrenaline dump and reality took over.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I think 7 of those rushing attempts were sacks. So their play selection was basically 75 pass plays to 20 run plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I think 7 of those rushing attempts were sacks. So their play selection was basically 75 pass plays to 20 run plays.
    Yep. They couldn't run for crap and basically chose not to. I'm wondering if they have any more success against their next two far weaker opponents.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400935229

47 yards rushing not including the sacks.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

With them having little to no running game do we do them a favor being in a 4-3?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    With them having little to no running game do we do them a favor being in a 4-3?
    IDK, but I hope after seeing their quick passing game that we have a nickel package ready to go and a helluva rotation on the DL.
    Once won an argument with half

I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Navy doing Navy things. Beautiful sweep TD.

Monken put up 64 points on FCS Fordham...with 0 yards passing. 513 rushing yards on 47 carries, 10.9 ypc.