SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 121

Thread: Offense

  1. Default Offense

    Well that was embarrassing. I can't see this running much better against the sunbelt either. How difficult is it to mix in some 5 yard passes here and there, maybe even through one deep and attempt to keep their safeties more than 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. Basically what i thought it would look like when we highered this OC. I shouldn't be so negative after one game, and against one of the top ranked teams in the country. On a high note, the D looks great. They should keep us in a lot of games this year.
    Class of 2001

  2. #2

    Default Re: Offense

    Was the offense there? I thought they missed the bus and didn't make it to the game.
    Once won an argument with half

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    Well that was embarrassing. I can't see this running much better against the sunbelt either. How difficult is it to mix in some 5 yard passes here and there, maybe even through one deep and attempt to keep their safeties more than 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. Basically what i thought it would look like when we highered this OC. I shouldn't be so negative after one game, and against one of the top ranked teams in the country. On a high note, the D looks great. They should keep us in a lot of games this year.
    The performance against West Virginia two years ago was much worse in reality. It was in a familiar system with a quarterback that had seen significant playing time the year before in the same system that had been run successfully the year before. The next week we went out and played one of our best games as an FCS team.

    Tonight was none of those things. We threw a freshman quarterback against a really good defensive front with an offensive line that clearly hasn't adjusted to this new scheme yet. Really shouldn't be that surprising this happened tonight. New systems are not always going to click as quickly as it did under Fritz and Reuse. No need to panic yet.

  4. Default Re: Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    The performance against West Virginia two years ago was much worse in reality. It was in a familiar system with a quarterback that had seen significant playing time the year before in the same system that had been run successfully the year before. The next week we went out and played one of our best games as an FCS team.
    We were FBS when we played West Virginia.

  5. Default Re: Offense

    The main issue I saw was that we ran the same stuff over and over.

    just no variety.

    its not hard to stuff an offense when you quite literally have two plays. (QB keeper, and dive straight up the middle.)

    we threw maybe twice.

    No laterals, no misdirection.

    oh, and just like last year-NO SECONDARY BLOCKING.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Offense

    I'm struggling to think of a worse performance I've ever seen from a Division 1 offense.
    Maybe the WV game was that bad...maybe, but from my memory that was just Upshaw and Co failing to click with each other in a hostile environment. You could at least see what Fitz was trying to engineer if you squinted hard enough.

    The offense today looked just lost like this was the first time they'd even practised with one another and Wertz looked like he was scared shytless of letting the ball rip.
    Yes the upside is he IS a freshman so it's probably gonna get better but even so I'm pretty pessimistic about this staffs ability to develop

  7. #7

    Default Re: Offense

    The castle is crumbling. Read between the lines in the tweets of some of our players
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  8. #8

    Default Re: Offense

    Mike Houston just thumped ECU today 34-14. Just throwing that out there.

  9. Default Re: Offense

    Good point. Anyone who thinks TK and Summers are right for Georgia Southern is delusional. They both should've been fired last year. Thrifty Tom got exactly what he paid for with Summers - a glorified middle school coach.

    Go get Houston now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Mike Houston just thumped ECU today 34-14. Just throwing that out there.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Offense

    This was the worse offensive performance I've ever seen from a GS team. Vs WVU we still had 200+ yds and 15 first downs. It wasn't a 3 and out fest like this.

Similar Threads

  1. This is what I'd like to see on offense
    By Pike51 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29th December 2015, 12:10 PM
  2. Offense
    By JeffMonkenFan97 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th January 2014, 01:57 PM
  3. W&M offense
    By GSUrebel in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 4th December 2010, 05:44 PM
  4. SMN On GSU Offense
    By kudzu630 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th September 2009, 12:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •