Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It was nice to see the coach we should have hired

Default Re: It was nice to see the coach we should have hired

I can't believe the shotgun thing is even debateable now.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

2. Default Re: It was nice to see the coach we should have hired

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    We look like a passing team trying to run TO pays.

This is exactly right. The problem I see is we are not running any option at all.
    Yes it's hilarious watching commentator after commentator on TV talk about our triple option and teams having difficulty preparing for it. WTF. We haven't run True flex TO in 3 years. Clueless! Bet opposing coaches smiled when they saw our game films, considering there was not much of any type of option to prepare for. At least 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Yes it's hilarious watching commentator after commentator on TV talk about our triple option and teams having difficulty preparing for it. WTF. We haven't run True flex TO in 3 years. Clueless! Bet opposing coaches smiled when they saw our game films, considering there was not much of any type of option to prepare for.
    Triple option is not exclusive to the flexbone.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

4. Default Re: It was nice to see the coach we should have hired

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Triple option is not exclusive to the flexbone.
    So 2016 version of our triple option was an anomaly or a figment of everyone's imagination because that option was missing in action or dead on arrival.

5. Default Re: It was nice to see the coach we should have hired

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    So 2016 version of our triple option was an anomaly or a figment of everyone's imagination because that option was missing in action or dead on arrival.
    Did 2016 just make everyone stupid? 2014 and 2015 were freaking case studies in triple option out of the shotgun. Why does 2016 (under an offensive staff that didn't know the option) wipe out everything that was done in 14 and 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Did 2016 just make everyone stupid? 2014 and 2015 were freaking case studies in triple option out of the shotgun. Why does 2016 (under an offensive staff that didn't know the option) wipe out everything that was done in 14 and 15?
    As far as I can tell, the answer is "because flexbone 3 point stance cut blocks hit the LOS quicker". Something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    We did not run any option yesterday. Handoff up the middle or rollout to the outside. I didn't see any reading of the defense to make an option decision. I am not saying you can't run the option from the gun but it was not done in 2016 (yes I know bc of the coaches) and it wasn't done yesterday. I feel cook will start but it wasn't done yesterday.

We did not run any option yesterday. Handoff up the middle or rollout to the outside. I didn't see any reading of the defense to make an option decision. I am not saying you can't run the option from the gun but it was not done in 2016 (yes I know bc of the coaches) and it wasn't done yesterday. I feel cook will start but it wasn't done yesterday.
    We ran plenty of option.

We didn't run much triple.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

9. Default Re: It was nice to see the coach we should have hired

Considering I JUST got done cutting up the film, I'm gonna call bull****. We ran true triple several times. We also ran quite a few designed gives with TO eye candy. We also ran some speed option.

You know. The standard option playbook.

For some reason, time has made people think AP gained every one of his yards off of the QB reading someone. A good majority of AP's runs were on pre-called gives. That's not some new thing that makes this "not the option".

Quick-Cut will be available in about 30 minutes, and instead of being an Eagles Nest exclusive, it will be public. Hopefully everyone will take advantage and watch it.

10. Default Re: It was nice to see the coach we should have hired

Klak is one of the few guys who has any idea what he's talking about. Watching folks on this board attempt to break down what they saw is mind numbing.