SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma and UNH

Default Re: Hurricane Irma and UNH

Game wasn't supposed to be @ Miami. It was supposed to be in Jonesboro.

2. Default Re: Hurricane Irma and UNH

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Game wasn't supposed to be @ Miami. It was supposed to be in Jonesboro.
    And you know that game will never be made up either. I feel for stAte.

Yes stAte gets $650k for that. I feel bad for them.

Could easily see the storm not affecting us whatsoever, but it turns north like Matthew and UNH promptly calls GSU and says they want no part of it (even though they could easily fly out after the game or Sunday morning and have zero issues). Hope that doesn't happen. Game on, let's rock and roll. 4 home games would be awful and I'm sure almost impossible for TK to book up something else at Paulson this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    I doubt we're gonna play. I'd mind less if we had a normal number of home games.
    Doesn't look like it'll make it to Georgia until Tuesday if at all.

Also, it looks like Irma's power is going to be drained rapidly by going over Cuba and all the Caribbean islands (prayers for those people) and go straight up the Florida peninsula.

Now if it turns to the north quickly and scrapes the east coast like Matthew did, then buckle up.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 6th September 2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Memphis @ UCF moved to Friday
    Looks like Alcorn State @ FIU is still on as well.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Now if it turns to the north quickly and scrapes the east coast like Matthew did, then buckle up.
    That path is looking increasingly more likely

7. Default Re: Hurricane Irma and UNH

There is a way to reschedule the UNH game to later this season if it was necessary, but it would require too many moving parts. Move the GS/A-State game from Wednesday 10/4 to Saturday 9/30. Then we could play UNH on 10/7 (both teams have it open). Coincidentally Miami has 10/7 open as well so theoretically they could then make up their game vs A-State that day as well. I know that would never happen as it would require too much agreement and coordination between the Sunbelt, four schools, and ESPN.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Yeah, I don't see us playing. Based on the update I just got from the Ga Port. The Dominos of evacuations will start. This will push people from Florida up in Ga. Saturday people will be driving up 95 to 16 to avoid the storm. Can't have people coming down for a football game.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Whether we play Saturday depends on UNH. If they call up and say we ain't coming then we don't play. I'd love for us to make it a 1:00 kickoff, personally.

Florida moved their kick to noon. If they can play then so can we.