SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma and UNH

1. Default Re: Hurricane Irma and UNH

A 1:00 kickoff would be great. But who and when would make that determination?

Default Re: Hurricane Irma and UNH

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    A 1:00 kickoff would be great. But who and when would make that determination?
    Both athletic department and university officials. They'd probably need to speak up by the end of today. At any rate I bet locals turn up. Students who stay back and fans in Statesboro.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Both athletic department and university officials. They'd probably need to speak up by the end of today. At any rate I bet locals turn up. Students who stay back and fans in Statesboro.
    I was dead set on driving down to Statesboro for the game. But there's no way I'm going to now...I'd rather sit on my couch and watch than sit in 8 hours of evacuation traffic on Sunday.

They'd be better off moving it to Friday, but that's incredibly unlikely.

4. Default Re: Hurricane Irma and UNH

Let's hope that if the time is changed that ESPN 3 will still cover it.

Parts of 75n near Tampa are already bumper to bumper for miles.

This isn't a "ride it out" storm, millions of people will be leaving Florida and the Ga/SC coastal regions.

As much as I'd like to watch us play this weekend, my guess is they cancel it due to the logistics of so many people trying to evacuate.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Ark State fans are really salty about Miami cancelling their visit to Jonesboro this Saturday.
    Matthew Gillespie
    BBA Finance 2008
    Theta Xi

My thing is FSU and Florida State just moved up to noon. I wouldn't be able to see why they can do that and play but we couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    Ark State fans are really salty about Miami cancelling their visit to Jonesboro this Saturday.
    Somehow, I think if Miami was supposed to be traveling to Florida State this weekend or some major non-conference opponent UM would find a way to get the game in.

I think they have every right to be salty. Looks like pretty much every other FBS team in Florida is intent on playing this week.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Moving the game earlier would be good. And you would think UNH would be happy to get out of here sooner.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Somehow, I think if Miami was supposed to be traveling to Florida State this weekend or some major non-conference opponent UM would find a way to get the game in.

I think they have every right to be salty. Looks like pretty much every other FBS team in Florida is intent on playing this week.
    FIU cancelled their game.