Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Quick-Cuts

1. Default 2017 Quick-Cuts

Back again for 2017, it's the Quick-Cuts! These are hour long versions of full games with all the garbage between plays cut out.

These are great if you're short on time and missed the game or want to go back and break down how we did. I'd highly recommend everyone go watch this one. Watch the design of the plays. Pay attention and you'll see that we're not only running the option, we're running well designed plays. This is not the same garbage we watched last year. This is missed blocks or missed reads or just plain ol' getting beat by a REALLY good defense, but the scheme makes sense.

Normally these are Eagles Nest exclusives and one of many perks of being a member. This one is provided as a public service.

Default Re: 2017 Quick-Cuts

Klak: the hero we don't deserve, but the one we definitely need right now lol. Thanks man!

3. Default Re: 2017 Quick-Cuts

I had a feeling this was coming. Thanks klak.

Thanks Klak...for the videos and your voice of reason.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

5. Default Re: 2017 Quick-Cuts

This one basically confirms what it looked like from the stands at AU...the scheme itself is fine...we just looked like boys playing against men. Very similar to the WVU game in 2015... only difference is our 2017 team is less talented and Auburn is bigger and faster than WVU. We might as well have been playing the Green Bay Packers.

New scheme, freshman QB...it all snowballed.

We have a lot of work to do...but Bryan Cook ain't the problem.

I've got a strong feeling the "but it was Auburn" people are in for a rude awakening this week. Hope I'm wrong.

I can tell the difference between what we did Saturday and what we did last year, but I don't need to be able to do that to know that no Georgia Southern offense worth a crap puts up the kind of numbers it did against any college defense. If you really doubt me, go look up box scores of even FCS teams playing top 10 FBS teams. You won't find many FCS teams held to under 100 yards. Heck that inept ULM team last year got well over 200 yards against Auburn.

It's the same way people always say "it's Savannah State. You can't tell anything." Wrong. And people will bring up West Virginia but some of us knew that was coming the day Ellison's suspension was announced. The defensive statistics (YPP, third downs, etc) aren't comparable, either.

Unless we get better in this week of practice we are in for a dog fight against New Hampshire.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 4th September 2017 at 07:44 AM.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

7. Default Re: 2017 Quick-Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I've got a strong feeling the "but it was Auburn" people are in for a rude awakening this week. Hope I'm wrong.

I can tell the difference between what we did Saturday and what we did last year, but I don't need to be able to do that to know that no Georgia Southern offense worth a crap puts up the kind of numbers it did against any college defense. If you really doubt me, go look up box scores of even FCS teams playing top 10 FBS teams. You won't find many FCS teams held to under 100 yards. Heck that inept ULM team last year got well over 200 yards against Auburn.

It's the same way people always say "it's Savannah State. You can't tell anything." Wrong. And people will bring up West Virginia but some of us knew that was coming the day Ellison's suspension was announced. The defensive statistics (YPP, third downs, etc) aren't comparable, either.

Unless we get better in this week of practice we are in for a dog fight against New Hampshire.
    We were in for a fight with UNH either way.

The presesaon hype around this team was always ridiculous.

If we struggle against UNH, it will be for the exact same reasons. The offense may not be "worth a crap" but it's not because the scheme is garbage (see 2016)... it's because the team just stinks in general.

That could very well be the case. Reminds me of 2009. Hatcher's scheme wasn't broken, we just flat out stunk.

8. Default Re: 2017 Quick-Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

If we struggle against UNH, it will be for the exact same reasons. The offense may not be "worth a crap" but it's not because the scheme is garbage (see 2016)... it's because the team just stinks in general.

That could very well be the case. Reminds me of 2009. Hatcher's scheme wasn't broken, we just flat out stunk.
    I'd also like to point out 2005. Jayson Foster's first year at QB saw us start 1-2 with an OT win over Northeastern and back to back losses to McNeese and Wofford.

That team had a sound scheme, a stable coaching staff, and a future Payton winner at QB -- but they were young and had a sophomore QB with very little game experience. Also, this was back when our fans knew it took several games before the option was running right. That seems to have been forgotten this year.

UNH probably won't be easy, but it won't be because of a 2016 broken scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I'd also like to point out 2005. Jayson Foster's first year at QB saw us start 1-2 with an OT win over Northeastern and back to back losses to McNeese and Wofford.

That team had a sound scheme, a stable coaching staff, and a future Payton winner at QB -- but they were young and had a sophomore QB with very little game experience. Also, this was back when our fans knew it took several games before the option was running right. That seems to have been forgotten this year.

UNH probably won't be easy, but it won't be because of a 2016 broken scheme.
    I haven't forgotten about 2005 (or 2002, which might actually be a better example). But I also remember 2007 and 2014.

BTW, the idea that this team has no talent in my eyes is on the same level as blaming the formations, unless by talent Buzz just means the sum of raw ability plus development and experience. I remember people saying in 2009 we had no talent and it would take Monken at least 3 years to get back to the playoffs. I'm no professional scout but I knew that was bunk.

This could be like 2002 or 2010 I guess, but I've got a hunch the run blocking is going to be a recurring complaint this season.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

10. Default Re: 2017 Quick-Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

You had me agreeing with everything until you said Hatcher's scheme wasn't broken. How do you figure that? In 2010 Monken took over with the same players and took us to the semis.