SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

  1. #1

    Default TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Tim Stowers needs to be in the Hall of Fame. Not much more needs to be said. This oversight needs to be corrected and dealt with accordingly and abruptly.

  2. Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by gsi10561 View Post
    Tim Stowers needs to be in the Hall of Fame. Not much more needs to be said. This oversight needs to be corrected and dealt with accordingly and abruptly.
    Welcome to the message board Tim...... if anyone else shared your sentiments it probably would already have happened.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    41,070

    Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Guessing you played for him but his chance in the GSU hall of fame are the same as mine or any other poster who didn't play for GSU.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  4. Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    I knew Tim. I got along well with Tim.
    But I don't think he belongs in the GSU Hall of Fame. Guy got canned from the job.

  5. #5

    Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    I knew Tim. I got along well with Tim.
    But I don't think he belongs in the GSU Hall of Fame. Guy got canned from the job.
    .. and went on to do nothing in terms of championship coaching again. Good guy who has made a decent career coaching football. Not HOF caliber

  6. #6

    Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Tim won a national championship as well as a socon title. He was 51-23 as our head coach. People will say he won with Erk's players, but he started 1-3 and did an incredible job to win 11 straight and the title. He was fired after going 9-4 and losing in the quarters.

    His main problem was he wasn't great with the media or fans. I was told by someone in the administration that this contributed to his departure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    4,452

    Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    I don't care who you are this funny right here...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

    "We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

  8. Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperEagle View Post
    Tim won a national championship as well as a socon title. He was 51-23 as our head coach. People will say he won with Erk's players, but he started 1-3 and did an incredible job to win 11 straight and the title. He was fired after going 9-4 and losing in the quarters.

    His main problem was he wasn't great with the media or fans. I was told by someone in the administration that this contributed to his departure.

    I was there during his time.

    It was absolutely horrible.

    Erk would come out and stand on the deck of the field house with a cigar in his mouth. The crowd would go wild. We would start losing, and Erk would go back inside. (This was the worst part. Erk had to watch our team side into obscurity for years. I know that had to bother him.)

    Stowers ran 3 & out over and over and over. Up The Middle was the only play we ever tried.

    There is simply no way to compare Stower's results to anything Erk or Johnson did. The man did win one NC, but it was right after Erk retired-and that very much was Erk's team. Stowers may not have been BVG bad, but he was nowhere near good.

    Reminds me of some other coach somehow.

  9. #9

    Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    .. and went on to do nothing in terms of championship coaching again. Good guy who has made a decent career coaching football. Not HOF caliber
    Which Hall of Fame are we talking about?
    If we are talking about the College Football Hall of Fame in Atl then maybe you are right.

    But if we are talking about GA Southern's Hall of Fame or even the Georgia College Football Hall of Fame, then yes - I think he deserves to be in there. Wasn't he the youngest coach to ever win a National Championship in 1-AA?

    And - ok on "with Erk's players". But if you follow that logic then Fritz won the SBC with Monken's Players. And if having those great players devalues winning with them, then what does losing with good/great inherited players mean?

    Stowers may have had his faults, but he earned a spot imop in this state at least. And let's not forget that he was part of the previous championships here.

    He'd get a vote from me if I had a vote.

  10. #10

    Default Re: TIM STOWERS NEEDS TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

    Our fan base is crazy. Tim Stowers won a national championship as head coach and 69 percent of his games, and he was an assistant on three other national championship teams here.

    Yes, his offense was boring and the tail end of his tenure here was rough, but cut the man some slack. It's been two decades. He was a good Eagle and an integral part of our early success. Show the man some respect.

Similar Threads

  1. Erk belongs in the CFB Hall of Fame
    By AUgradGSUgradstudent in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 3rd June 2016, 08:23 AM
  2. Why Erk not in Hall of fame
    By McEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 20th May 2009, 06:26 PM
  3. GSU Hall of Fame (Stowers)
    By gsi10561 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10th November 2008, 03:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •