Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Score and attendance prediction for Saturday?

Default Re: Score and attendance prediction for Saturday?

I'm not looking at Saturday as a gimme, especially since it's in Birmingham.

The program many of us worked hard to build is being neglected by those hired (and paid a lot of damn money) to keep getting better.

We don't need to hire these generic football people because they 'dont get it' when it comes to our identity and they keep trying to bring us "into the modern era of football". Keep your modern era. The rules changes to protect passers and receivers have ruined what used to be called American Football. May as well put flags on guys on count 3 Mississippi

I hope I never become an old guy. OK, so let me just get this straight: It's bad to lose, but it's worse to modernize? Take a sword and a horse into a modern war and see how you do.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I'm not looking at Saturday as a gimme, especially since it's in Birmingham.

The program many of us worked hard to build is being neglected by those hired (and paid a lot of damn money) to keep getting better.

We don't need to hire these generic football people because they 'dont get it' when it comes to our identity and they keep trying to bring us "into the modern era of football". Keep your modern era. The rules changes to protect passers and receivers have ruined what used to be called American Football. May as well put flags on guys on count 3 Mississippi
    The "rules" people always drive me up the wall. These guys are much bigger, faster, and stronger than they were 25 years ago.

Do you want permanent injury or death? I know I don't.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    The "rules" people always drive me up the wall. These guys are much bigger, faster, and stronger than they were 25 years ago.

Do you want permanent injury or death? I know I don't.
    Not the issue. The passes that are open now were always open. Before, the receiver would get his head taken off so the offenses employed that strategy more rarely.

The changes aren't about safety. The passing game sells more tickets because it's easier to follow for more people. Imagine Fantasy Football in 1980 when maybe 4 guys on a team had a chance to get yards and points.

If you want a safer game, take away some equipment and the collisions will be more controlled, which is what a tackle is meant to be. Trying to apply a Big Hit by launching your body is poor tackling.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Not the issue. The passes that are open now were always open. Before, the receiver would get his head taken off so the offenses employed that strategy more rarely.

The changes aren't about safety. The passing game sells more tickets because it's easier to follow for more people. Imagine Fantasy Football in 1980 when maybe 4 guys on a team had a chance to get yards and points.

If you want a safer game, take away some equipment and the collisions will be more controlled, which is what a tackle is meant to be. Trying to apply a Big Hit by launching your body is poor tackling.
    Unfortunately that's what football players want to do these days, including NFL players. It's more about the big hit and knocking someone on their butt vs a proper tackle.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I think we come out a little flat due to some disappointment from the players of not being in Paulson and all the distractions this naturally causes. After the game gets going guys get locked in and take over. 34-13 Eagles. About 5,000 people there.

You guys that weren't following the program much of the FCS days, consider this:

New Hampshire (I'm almost positive) has the longest active streak of consecutive years in the FCS playoffs, and maybe the longest ever. Georgia Southern, App State, JMU, and even Montana never had that many consecutive years without the playoffs. And they're playing in a part of the country that's not the greatest for football recruiting. We are going up against one of the most underrated coaches in the whole country that has presided over that streak with different assistants.

We should have beaten them thoroughly in 2004 but we got out-coached and lost the game.

The people that are predicting 3 TDs or more of a win, I just don't see it unless the defense manufactures points.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 8th September 2017 at 12:08 PM.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

8. Default Re: Score and attendance prediction for Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

The people that are predicting 3 TDs or more of a win, I just don't see it unless the defense manufactures points.
    I agree UNH is a very good FCS team. But I'm leaning more towards us dominating the game than a close one. Now if we struggle, we may have bigger issues than I anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You guys that weren't following the program much of the FCS days, consider this:

New Hampshire (I'm almost positive) has the longest active streak of consecutive years in the FCS playoffs, and maybe the longest ever. Georgia Southern, App State, JMU, and even Montana never had that many consecutive years without the playoffs. And they're playing in a part of the country that's not the greatest for football recruiting. We are going up against one of the most underrated coaches in the whole country that has presided over that streak with different assistants.

We should have beaten them thoroughly in 2004 but we got out-coached and lost the game.

If I read correctly their QB threw two interceptions against Maine. Now, I admit that I haven't seen Maine play in years, but I have to believe that our defense is better than theirs. So, yeah, I could see our D manufacturing points tomorrow, especially since it wouldn't be the first time this season.

10. Default Re: Score and attendance prediction for Saturday?

Updated prediction:

I have no idea, maybe 3,000 people? Seriously,it's going to be rough.