Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 111

Thread: Cook on our offense

  1. #21

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    His update on what he wants to run in the future here is promising. Sounds like he doesn't have the right personnel for it. It can be taught but I know what he's saying. Give it a year or so and we should be rolling. The question is.. what the heck did the OCs want to DO last year that messed us up so badly?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    I know right... I mean look at some of the explosion numbers with Monken and Johnson vs opponents of equal or greater quality in their first year of installing the offense. *EXCLUDING CUPCAKES*

    Monken vs Navy 2010: 73 yards.. 1.9 YPC (WERE SUPPOSE TO WIN GAME)

    CJP vs Boston College 2008: 162 yards.. 4.1 YPC (which is low for the flexbone fanboys here)

    Cook vs Auburn 70 yards... 1.4 YPC (wait.. that number looks familiar)

    /s

    Funny thing is.. we had little outrage over the results of the Navy game.. and the yardage is nearly identical to the Auburn game. Credit Klak for mentioning the Navy/Auburn similarities during lunch yesterday.

    http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...highlight=navy

    Where is all the outrage? Where is all the doom and gloom? Oh thats right.. Monken was able to kick in Savannah St's teeth and show off the offense before Navy. We have yet to have our FCS game. Monken and CPJ had tune up games before going against true competition.

    Please lets not jump off the cliff (trust me.. I had to fight that urge Saturday) and not pass judgement just against top tier FBS opponents. Its amazing what context can do you for you.

    If we loose to UNH... well... then I'll really panic.
    Better go ahead and get the straight jacket out.
    GATA!

  3. #23

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    His update on what he wants to run in the future here is promising. Sounds like he doesn't have the right personnel for it. It can be taught but I know what he's saying. Give it a year or so and we should be rolling. The question is.. what the heck did the OCs want to DO last year that messed us up so badly?
    I don't think it was just last year, but also Fritz's years here. They ran a more zone based blocking scheme, which to my understanding is not what is run out of the flex. So although we had success running the ball those years, the OL are now learning a very different scheme that they have not run since 2013 (if they were even around then as freshman).

    Everyone watched GT be successful on Monday night, but they have had their system in place for 10 years. Cook's hasn't even been in place 10 months. (not directed at you Eaglemark, just an observation)

  4. #24

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    His update on what he wants to run in the future here is promising. Sounds like he doesn't have the right personnel for it. It can be taught but I know what he's saying. Give it a year or so and we should be rolling. The question is.. what the heck did the OCs want to DO last year that messed us up so badly?
    I think we all expect the "he doesn't have the personnel" story, but I think it is just to buy himself and Summers some more time. We'll see this Saturday, and if I'm UNH, I'm sending 11 on every play. If there isn't dramatic improvement from last week, we need to start interviewing potential HC candidates NOW.
    GATA!

  5. #25

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by mrklean View Post
    To all of you TS Fanboys, make all the excuses for Coach Tyson Summers you want, but at the end of the day, you are who you are. He (Coach Summers) can not coach. I said this before the start of the 1016 season and I''m saying this now. He will be fired at the end of the season. The fact that we (GSU) did not make a first down the entire first, tells me that we have some serious problems on the OL. HE had an entire off season to address that. Playing a crappy I-AA team will not fix that problem. This hurts me to say this but we have a problem with our AD and he needs to go.
    This makes sense. You either believe Cook is a lying reptilian illuminati mole, OR you're a TS fanboy. Got it.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

  6. Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Monken improved our record from 5-6 (2009) to 7-4 (2010). That's +2 wins. I still expect us to go +2 this year too.

    And really, it's not like the 2010 offense was really that good. It was basically 2016 -- it just looked more familiar.

    2010 Yards Per Play: 5.18
    2016 Yards Per Play: 5.24

    2010 Yards Per Carry: 4.61
    2016 Yards Per Carry: 4.44

    2010 Points Per Game: 27.53
    2016 Points Per Game: 26.58

    Stop this factual nonsense! Get out of here with all your fancy numbers wizardry!


    People seem to forget that we struggled in 2010 to even make the playoffs. We were sitting at 4-4 by mid-season.
    I know words. I have the best words.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I think we all expect the "he doesn't have the personnel" story, but I think it is just to buy himself and Summers some more time. We'll see this Saturday, and if I'm UNH, I'm sending 11 on every play. If there isn't dramatic improvement from last week, we need to start interviewing potential HC candidates NOW.
    Personnel - we have EIGHT seniors.
    Time - they already have it. Cook's guaranteed 2 years.
    Send 11 - let's hope we're so lucky.
    Interviewing coaches - I'm sure we'll get other schools approvals to interview their coaches between weeks 2 & 3 of this season.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I think we all expect the "he doesn't have the personnel" story, but I think it is just to buy himself and Summers some more time. We'll see this Saturday, and if I'm UNH, I'm sending 11 on every play. If there isn't dramatic improvement from last week, we need to start interviewing potential HC candidates NOW.
    If you kept up with our roster any... we all knew THIS year would be a struggle with getting new players ready.

    Problem is.. Tyson never built up any equity in winning with the talent he had last year.

    Needless to say..

    Matthew Gillespie
    BBA Finance 2008
    Theta Xi

  9. #29

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by mrklean View Post
    To all of you TS Fanboys, make all the excuses for Coach Tyson Summers you want, but at the end of the day, you are who you are. He (Coach Summers) can not coach. I said this before the start of the 1016 season and I''m saying this now. He will be fired at the end of the season. The fact that we (GSU) did not make a first down the entire first, tells me that we have some serious problems on the OL. HE had an entire off season to address that. Playing a crappy I-AA team will not fix that problem. This hurts me to say this but we have a problem with our AD and he needs to go.
    This might be my favorite post of all time. You have no way to rebuttal the fact that our offense didn't look to good at the beginning of the 2010 season. The stats are there and they look almost identical to the Auburn game. You have no way to argue that the Boston College game for Georgia Tech was great offensively (especially considering how much closer the talent gap between those two was than between us and Auburn Saturday night).

    So instead you come out and say everyone is making an excuse for him and that he is a bad coach that he is going to get fired and blah blah blah. Nobody here is going to argue that we think he is a great coach. All we are arguing is that he deserves a chance to redeem himself with the new offensive coaches and the new offensive coaches deserve more than one game against one of the best defenses in all of college football. You know that but since facts don't matter unless they say Summers was fired this was your response. Now I sit here eagerly awaiting your angry response.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Cook on our offense

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Personnel - we have EIGHT seniors.
    Time - they already have it. Cook's guaranteed 2 years.
    Send 11 - let's hope we're so lucky.
    Interviewing coaches - I'm sure we'll get other schools approvals to interview their coaches between weeks 2 & 3 of this season.
    We had 2 yards total offense after 30 minutes of football. 2 yards.
    We had 78 yards TOTAL, most coming in mop up time.
    This isn't GS football.
    I will NOT scale back my expectations because of some poor hires with lame *** excuses.
    We've accomplished a LOT more with way less talent.
    This coming Saturday will unfortunately prove my point, but I hope I'm wrong
    GATA!

Similar Threads

  1. Personnel for Cook's offense
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 9th January 2017, 12:41 PM
  2. Cook?
    By eagleeye in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 16th December 2016, 02:22 PM
  3. BRYAN COOK
    By gsu2583 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 12th December 2016, 03:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •