Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cook on our offense

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...highlight=navy

But 73 yards rushing and 7pts vs Navy is GS football.

Got it.
    Rekt.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

2. Default Re: Cook on our offense

A coach evaluates what he has, and adapts to that skill set. Sounds like a smart coach to me. He's not trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Default Re: Cook on our offense

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...highlight=navy

But 73 yards rushing and 7pts vs Navy is GS football.

Got it.

Error Message WF1982: Does not fit into narrative. Recommended fix is to ignore facts and continue.
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as moving the quarterback five yards behind the center and actually throwing the ball on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    A coach evaluates what he has, and adapts to that skill set. Sounds like a smart coach to me. He's not trying to force a square peg into a round hole.
    All the "adapting to what's in the locker room" in the world won't excuse terrible results this season.

We've got a new QB, and we lack athleticism on the OL in a couple of key spots.

That's not enough to use "bad personnel" as our excuse going forward.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    My thing is, can we like, not do this already? I'm not a big Summers fan but do we really need to do the whole "FIRE SUMMERS AND TK" thing after Week 1? Can't we at least wait until Sun Belt play to start with that?
    There's no point in starting it at all. His status isn't changing any time soon, so why hurt the program by being loud and obnoxious every time things don't go GS's way?

We've got eleven opponents left, and none of them is Auburn (thank God).

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    All the "adapting to what's in the locker room" in the world won't excuse terrible results this season.

We've got a new QB, and we lack athleticism on the OL in a couple of key spots.

That's not enough to use "bad personnel" as our excuse going forward.
    I don't read any excuses for anything into Cook's comments, rather I see him explaining the logic behind what our approach is to forming what our 'scheme' is this year-probably in direct response to a question like "Why aren't you running exactly what GT ran on Sunday?"

Frankly, it's a breath of fresh air to have a little info into the thought process rather than the iron curtain that existed last year.

Around this crowd, its 'damned if you do/damned if you don't'. If you provide any insight into what's going on, it'll be parsed to death for 'excuse making'. If you don't, you're slammed for being too secretive.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I don't read any excuses for anything into Cook's comments, rather I see him explaining the logic behind what our approach is to forming what our 'scheme' is this year-probably in direct response to a question like "Why aren't you running exactly what GT ran on Sunday?"

Frankly, it's a breath of fresh air to have a little info into the thought process rather than the iron curtain that existed last year.

Around this crowd, its 'damned if you do/damned if you don't'. If you provide any insight into what's going on, it'll be parsed to death for 'excuse making'. If you don't, you're slammed for being too secretive.
    Oh, I know. I'm not actually attacking Cook. I'm just interested in how this fanbase applies different standards to different coaches. People went nuts over statements such as this from some of our previous coaches.

Also, it's funny we hear this talk of personnel shortcomings now (after a loss), instead of during the offseason.

IMO, everything about 2017 remains TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Also, it's funny we hear this talk of personnel shortcomings now (after a loss), instead of during the offseason.
    Again, I don't see anything pejorative in his statements about personnel. He's not suggesting for instance, that we won't be any good because of our talent level, he's simply saying we're suited better to one approach than another due to our roster.

Also, like I suggested, this is likely in direct response to Nathan Deen asking specifically "Why no flex?"
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Again, I don't see anything pejorative in his statements about personnel. He's not suggesting for instance, that we won't be any good because of our talent level, he's simply saying we're suited better to one approach than another due to our roster.

Also, like I suggested, this is likely in direct response to Nathan Deen asking specifically "Why no flex?"
    Oh, it is. But the context is the 70 yards we picked up Saturday. That means everything here.

The situation is complicated because we did use flex concepts in the first half Saturday night, and they got us nowhere due to personnel and experience shortcomings.

I guess my main issue is how black and white everyone is. Either it's "the process, the process!" or "flex only!"

I contest the idea that anything said or done over the past week shows that Cook is a good coach. But we've got multiple people saying just that in this thread.

We stunk Saturday. I don't trust the "process," nor do I think Cook is a bust.

I'm interested to see whether we really base out of a zone scheme going forward. That didn't seem to be the case in the first half against AU, but what do I know? I certainly don't associate arcing and pulling OTs with zone schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    We had 2 yards total offense after 30 minutes of football. 2 yards.
    We had 78 yards TOTAL, most coming in mop up time.
    This isn't GS football.
    I will NOT scale back my expectations because of some poor hires with lame *** excuses.
    We've accomplished a LOT more with way less talent.
    This coming Saturday will unfortunately prove my point, BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG.
    No you don't.