SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game in Birmingham

Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I poke fun at people on this board a lot for being irrational. This is nothing. I just looked at the Facebook page. Wow. There are some just terrible people on there.
    The amount of self-centered faux outrage is mind blowing.
    Matthew Gillespie
    BBA Finance 2008
    Theta Xi

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    How great would it be to get a W? Just sayin.

3. Default Re: Game in Birmingham

I understand the anger and frustration, but I have to believe that this wasn't an easy decision and it came down to either having the game in Birmingham, or not having the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    A category 5 hurricane that is already claiming lives is heading for the Southeast. Millions of people are going to be leaving behind their homes and taking whatever they can and heading north. Statesboro a town that floods in almost every August storm is in the impact zone and is an area that people need to get out of sooner rather than later. In case some of you don't understand what contraflow is, it is when both sides of the interstate are going the same direction. All four lanes on I-16 will be going West on Saturday. I imagine 95 will be doing the same thing.

As a result, there will be major gridlock on the interstate all going west which means a large portion of fans will not be able to get there anyway. The visiting team would have an extremely hard time even getting to and from the airport. And we would be turning fans lose and adding to nightmare situation that is already going to exist on that road.

This is the right thing to do. Does it inhale vigorously? Yea it does. I don't care what Florida and Florida State are doing. They are idiots for even considering playing this game. They should have done what Mark Richt did and told his players to do what they needed to do and get out of there. The devastation this storm is causing and will continue to cause is much more important to worry about than a college football game.
    Great post! The entire State of Florida is heading north and will drain Georgia of fuel, food, hotels, etc. Moving the game to Birmingham seems like a little inconvenience compared to what our neighbors to the south are facing. I hope the University cancels classes for Friday through Tuesday to give our students time to get out before they are over run by the masses from Florida.

Birmingham is 90 minutes from my house in West Georgia. I am excited that I can see the Eagles play and get back to the comfort of my home without paying for a hotel and all of the extra meals associated with traveling to a game at Paulson. From a travel stand point, this reminds me of taking in a game at Samford or Chattanooga or even GagState. GATA Eagles!
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

My nephew in Statesboro said that last night, several gas stations in Statesboro were already out of gas.
    And most places were out of water, and other supplies.
    It'd be a nightmare getting to Paulson and leaving would be worse. We can't think of it in terms of just not playing in Statesboro on a regular day with tailgating supplies just waiting to be bought, roads clear, hotels empty.
    It's ALREADY getting mid-evil out there. Even grocery stores in Macon were out of water last night.

It is what it is, but at least we have a game. Go if you can, have a tailgate party watch on ESPPN3 if you can, pray for the evacuees, offer a stranger an extra bedroom our guest house if you have it. DO RIGHT.

6. Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Once again our Facebook fan page is awful, the first thing I clicked on there this morning was a post saying "it's a football game, not a prom, we want to play the game in OUR house, can't believe anyone made this decision, etc., etc." I didn't have time to read all the comments, but I hope to God whoever posted it is getting roasted.
    What facebook page are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    My nephew in Statesboro said that last night, several gas stations in Statesboro were already out of gas.
    And most places were out of water, and other supplies.
    It'd be a nightmare getting to Paulson and leaving would be worse. We can't think of it in terms of just not playing in Statesboro on a regular day with tailgating supplies just waiting to be bought, roads clear, hotels empty.
    It's ALREADY getting mid-evil out there. Even grocery stores in Macon were out of water last night.

It is what it is, but at least we have a game. Go if you can, have a tailgate party watch on ESPPN3 if you can, pray for the evacuees, offer a stranger an extra bedroom our guest house if you have it. DO RIGHT.
    No dude, you don't get it: It won't be raining on Saturday! But it's OK, because that guy's gonna show us a picture to prove how dumb we are.

Quote Originally Posted by True_Blue2010 View Post
    What facebook page are we talking about?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/134985756594500/

Enter at your own risk, but if you are a fan of calling CTS everything but a child of God, thinking that TK is the devil, Under-center triple option is the only offense that will ever work at GS, and various other hard-line/un-nuanced stances, you may love it.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

What are people planning to do for tailgating? A satellite view of the stadium shows plenty of parking, but I have heard the surrounding area is a bit rough. Could those familiar with the area confirm or deny? Would you be willing to leave a vehicle overnight after tailgating?
    Mark Mobley
    Class of 2011
    Born an Eagle Fan
    ONE MORE TIME FOR THE GREATEST TEAM IN AMERICA

Quote Originally Posted by gsu2583 View Post
    Jesus.

This thread.

This forum...
    We have THE WORST fans. Really.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker