SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Game in Birmingham

Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    Yeah, funny how people's knee jerk reactions to important decisions will start to really show their lack of basic decision skills.

What people forgot was GS had to make a decision 5 days out based on the info they had at the time. And it was the perfect decision.

What we should be talking about is why did UAB offer us the stadium and Not Georgia State????? I think it would be very interesting if Georgia State said we could use their stadium.

And Thank you UAB!
    Because the traffic and lack of hotel space in Atlanta. Hotels are near capacity already.
    The Atlanta airport is going to be chaos the next few days. Heard on the radio this AM that some flights might be added to meet demand.
    Plus I doubt our arch rival was going to do us any favors. Let alone let us show them what a real sell out looks like.
    Or let us have the Ted rent free.
    Give out free tickets.
    We don't want to owe them a favor.

All speculation on my part.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

All I need to know about this situation...

You've got an AD that pinches every penny to the point that he has poisoned his relationship with former coaches..and this AD has deemed there's no way to make this game happen in Statesboro and we need to just take the revenue loss.

If I already posted that here today I'm sorry. Can't remember if I put it here or not...
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

You've got an AD that pinches every penny to the point that he has poisoned his relationship with former coaches..and this AD has deemed there's no way to make this game happen in Statesboro ad we need to just take the revenue loss.

If I already posted that here today I'm sorry. Can't remember if I put it here or not...
    Are you serious? You think the game should be played in Statesboro? Where do you live?
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

You've got an AD that pinches every penny to the point that he has poisoned his relationship with former coaches..and this AD has deemed there's no way to make this game happen in Statesboro and we need to just take the revenue loss.

Well then you are lost.
    Matthew Gillespie
    BBA Finance 2008
    Theta Xi

Are you serious? You think the game should be played in Statesboro? Where do you live?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    Well then you are lost.
    Huh?

All I'm saying is that the benefit of the doubt needs to be given to TK on this issue. You know people are going to use this as a talking point against him.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

6. Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Do you really think that he wanted to have this game in Birmingham if there were any way possible to avoid it? I think its completely unfair to criticize this decision without being privy to the information he had.

Plus you now have all of coastal GA under mandatory evacuation effective monday morning.

Huh?

All I'm saying is that the benefit of the doubt needs to be given to TK on this issue. You know people are going to use this as a talking point against him.
    Ah... gotcha

*puts down pitchfork*
    Matthew Gillespie
    BBA Finance 2008
    Theta Xi

8. Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Anybody know anything about Legion Field? I know it's old as dirt, but I can't find if there's any wheelchair seating or not.

As far as the FB group goes: I jumped in there the other day to defend the coaching staff after some idiot said they all need fired after the Auburn Game. I argued with that Jackwagon for a bit, but found it to be a lost cause. Now I just read it for fun. Especially that woman's thread about being cleared to fly from Savannah-Dallas-North Dakota.

I think he's saying a cheap penny pinching AD wouldn't just easily give up the revenue of a home game if avoidable, so this was probably a well thought out decision. It's wasn't just some rash decision made way to early to ruin a bunch of fans Saturday game day!

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    Do you really think that he wanted to have this game in Birmingham if there were any way possible to avoid it? I think its completely unfair to criticize this decision without being privy to the information he had.

Plus you now have all of coastal GA under mandatory evacuation effective monday morning.
    What you just said is what he was saying.