Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920 LastLast

Thread: Game in Birmingham

1. Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    Do you really think that he wanted to have this game in Birmingham if there were any way possible to avoid it? .
    Rescheduled it for Friday 12:00.

Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by AcworthEagle View Post
    Thanks Valleyboy! I'm gonna try to make it, even though it's my Birthday weekend. Easier for me to get there than the Boro.
    Not sure what the process will be on Saturday, but there are a couple of options for fans in wheelchairs depending on the needs.

First, there's an area for people to stay in wheelchairs and watch the game in the South endzone that has a ramp.

Secondly, there's elevator access so that those that only need walkers/assistance can take and then walk down to high up seats (the seats I got this year because my mom had double knee-replacement surgery).

You can see the ramp/area I'm talking about in the right side of this photo:

"Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

3. Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I truly loath Ga State, but I hope that would not be the reality when a Cat5 hurricane is in route. That would be revolting, even for them. Some things are just more important than a forced athletic rival. Hail UAB!
    OMG! Could you imagine the "years of chaos and confusion" caused for the ESPN announcers and media people if we played as the "home team" in "Not-Turner Field"? You think it is bad with the mix up of the school names now, it would be 100 times worse if we did play there rather than B'ham.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesig33 View Post
    What are people planning to do for tailgating? A satellite view of the stadium shows plenty of parking, but I have heard the surrounding area is a bit rough. Could those familiar with the area confirm or deny? Would you be willing to leave a vehicle overnight after tailgating?
    Charlie Daniels said it best when he sang, "If you ever go back to the Wooley Swamp, you better not go at night"..........
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    I'd bet money that UF will eventually end up canceling

Pay me

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Again, anybody know the status of UF and FSU's games. I'm not very happy with this decision.
    Welp. UF just canceled.

With the new predicted path, I wouldn't be surprised if FSU did as well.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

7. Default Re: Game in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    welp...

Yep FSU cancelled, as well. I get that a lot of people are unhappy with the state of the program. But credit is due here. TK, Kevin Bostian, David Cutler, Stephanie Neal and the entire Athletics department, Athletic Foundation, and ticket office deserve praise for working their tails off to ensure our student athletes get to compete. First and foremost let's keep hoping this thing turns back out to sea! But if the forecasts hold let's be thankful our students are out of harm's way and still get to play our game. Beats the alternative!

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    Yep FSU cancelled, as well. I get that a lot of people are unhappy with the state of the program. But credit is due here. TK, Kevin Bostian, David Cutler, Stephanie Neal and the entire Athletics department, Athletic Foundation, and ticket office deserve praise for working their tails off to ensure our student athletes get to compete. First and foremost let's keep hoping this thing turns back out to sea! But if the forecasts hold let's be thankful our students are out of harm's way and still get to play our game. Beats the alternative!
    Very well said. Thanks KCEagle!

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post

If we hadn't acted when we did to move the game, I would wager that another two teams would be playing at Legion Field on Saturday.

I HATE that we lost another Saturday in Paulson, but the alternative COULD have been no game at all and one less game to work towards a bowl game.

HAIL SOUTHERN! Thank you TK and staff for having the vision to make this thing happen.

GATA!