Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Bottom 10

Default Re: ESPN Bottom 10

I said last year it would take 5 years to overcome this hiring and I am sticking to it. When our clueless AD decided to double down after last year it confirmed this. He is committed to Summers for his full 3 year contract. Hiring Cook with a 2 year deal confirmed this as well. I hate to see season ticket sales next year. Basically a lot of folks will have purchased season tickets and will only make 3 games ( if they decide to show up) due to moving the game to Birmingham and a Wed night game. Knowing our fan base I think we will see a major drop of ticket sales next year if something doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    I said last year it would take 5 years to overcome this hiring and I am sticking to it. When our clueless AD decided to double down after last year it confirmed this. He is committed to Summers for his full 3 year contract. Hiring Cook with a 2 year deal confirmed this as well. I hate to see season ticket sales next year. Basically a lot of folks will have purchased season tickets and will only make 3 games ( if they decide to show up) due to moving the game to Birmingham and a Wed night game. Knowing our fan base I think we will see a major drop of ticket sales next year if something doesn't change.
    I thought Summers had a 4 year contract?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle27 View Post
    I thought Summers had a 4 year contract?
    he did, but 1 year of it is already done, the second is underway, and he didn't hit 7 wins so there was no automatic renewal. That is why it is now considered a 3 year contract.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrklean View Post
    I told you guys Summers can NOT Coach. I said this from day freaking one. Man I hate this.
    I know. It's the only thing you reall ever tell us.

5. Default Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Do you really think UNH was an easier game and situation than Georgia State?

We've got two games left against other teams in the "bottom ten," plus NMSU at home.

I predict steady improvement and a three-win season.
    My, how far we've fallen when something like this is given as a positive.

Not true if we get rid of CTS by the end of the year and get a Fritz level coach which is not hard. Our current talent is still at the top of the Belt and decent G5 wise thanks to Fritz. We wait another two recruiting cycles with CTS having 100+ ranked recruiting classes then the next coach will be screwed for sure. Like the GaSt coach is now for example but their arrow is pointing up and they just had the best recruiting class in their history.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Not true if we get rid of CTS by the end of the year and get a Fritz level coach which is not hard. Our current talent is still at the top of the Belt and decent G5 wise thanks to Fritz. We wait another two recruiting cycles with CTS having 100+ ranked recruiting classes then the next coach will be screwed for sure. Like the GaSt coach is now for example but their arrow is pointing up and they just had the best recruiting class in their history.
    The problem is that it is not going to happen. Unless CTS decides to resign on his own he is here for the duration of his contract. People need to stand back and take a look at everything that has taken place and Hebert is focussed on the Armstrong consolidation.

8. Default Re: ESPN Bottom 10

The problem is that it is not going to happen. Unless CTS decides to resign on his own he is here for the duration of his contract. People need to stand back and take a look at everything that has taken place and Hebert is focussed on the Armstrong consolidation.
    IMO Hebert will notice if their is a significant decline in the bottom line and/or ticket sales.

There is absolutely no way Summers survives a four (or fewer) win season. It's doubtful he survives unless he gets bowl eligible.

That said, I fully expect he'll get twelve games to work toward that goal (and he should).
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

10. Default Re: ESPN Bottom 10

I like Summers and want to see him do well, but he can't come back after going 5-7 then 4-8 or worse. No one will be on board for that regardless of what's in his contract.

But he should be allowed to finish the season. If we're truly as bad as we look, an interim coach isn't saving our season.