SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a change

Default Re: Time for a change

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    You just confirmed my last post. None of that resume would necessarily make him a successful HC. We don't need another experiment. We need a proven HC with established credentials.
    Do you not read? I have not said he should be the full time head coach. I'm saying he would be a better interim that Bryan Cook who has not proven anything but that he may be worse than the two guys we had last year. I've used the word interim in every post.

2. Default Re: Time for a change

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I don't care about recruiting at this point. We've only got 8 seniors, and we should have enough on the roster to work with regardless of our 2018 class.

Seeing Kleinlein's relationships with Monken and Fritz makes me think he had a hard time finding a good candidate in December, 2015. That's the only rational explanation for Summers.

I imagine December 2017 will be a much tougher sell to any perspective coach, especially if we all decide to show our ***** publicly for the next three months.

I do not want to end up with another mediocrity. At least my deep-seated desire for a PJ "disciple" is about 2/3 of the way extinguished. Sometimes it's good to find out who ISN'T the answer.
    Coaches all over the south know that GSU is a place you can have a ton of success. TK would be the obstacle, not the school or program.

3. Default Re: Time for a change

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    . I've used the word interim in every post.
    If he's not good enough for a HC position, then I sure wouldn't want him as interim. Look he may be your buddy. Don't care he's not HC material thus not as an interim.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I don't care about recruiting at this point. We've only got 8 seniors, and we should have enough on the roster to work with regardless of our 2018 class.

Seeing Kleinlein's relationships with Monken and Fritz makes me think he had a hard time finding a good candidate in December, 2015. That's the only rational explanation for Summers.

I imagine December 2017 will be a much tougher sell to any perspective coach, especially if we all decide to show our ***** publicly for the next three months.

I do not want to end up with another mediocrity. At least my deep-seated desire for a PJ "disciple" is about 2/3 of the way extinguished. Sometimes it's good to find out who ISN'T the answer.

We need to make this a productive stinky season (like 1996) if at all possible.
    I get your point but I think its moot. All fan bases have places like this where fans complain. The tension with TK may keep people away but fans won't. It's part of the job.

But just since we are on the subject, if anybody sent/sends Summers mail to his house you are a terrible human being. I didn't even know that was a thing until the Sumlin thing happened.

If he's not good enough for a HC position, then I sure wouldn't want him as interim. Look he may be your buddy. Don't care he's not HC material thus not as an interim.
    So if you are so for firing Summers who should be our interim?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Coaches all over the south know that GSU is a place you can have a tons of success. TK would be the obstacle, not the school or program.
    It's also a place where one can fail spectacularly (BVG, Hatcher, and Summers over the past 11+ seasons). Don't overestimate our situation.

You don't think a toxic **** show at all levels of the program would have, say, Mike Houston thinking twice about getting a (hypothetical) raise from 400K to 600K?

If I were him, I'd just ride it out for an upper-tier G5 job.

We'd be hard-pressed to get any ultra-successful FCS head coach or P5 position coach if this crap escalates. Bama went through a decade plus of this stuff after Stallings.

My fear is that we'll find ourselves tempted to mortgage the whole program for a big-name G5 hire like Scott Frost, Chad Morris, or Rhett Lashlee (and I chose those last two names intentionally), or we'd be begging a Matt Viator, John Grass, or Brent Thompson to take the job (and over-paying them out of desperation).
    Last edited by pete4256; 9th September 2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

You might as well hire Carrot Top for all the good it will do for 2017. We are done this year....

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    You might as well hire Carrot Top for all the good it will do for 2017. We are done this year....
    I agree. As of now, Summers is the interim coach. It's time to start working on the next chapter of our program.

In the meantime, let him salvage as much as possible. Maybe that will make things easier in December.

I mean, my God--can you imagine the long-term damage if the next regime change goes like Texas State's?

We might never recover.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

I just can't let this go because it's so ridiculous. I've never met the guy, but I know his position groups have always performed as high as any on the team. You are also not going to hire somebody off the team to come in and be the interim. So when you look at the options I don't know who on the team would be better. Maybe Bodine but the way that offensive line looks right now no thank you. He needs to spend all the time he can working with them.

10. Default Re: Time for a change

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I get your point but I think its moot. All fan bases have places like this where fans complain. The tension with TK may keep people away but fans won't. It's part of the job.

But just since we are on the subject, if anybody sent/sends Summers mail to his house you are a terrible human being. I didn't even know that was a thing until the Sumlin thing happened.
    not the first time that's happened. Some people found PJ's unlisted phone number and left nasty messages on his answering machine when he announced he was leaving. The Sumlin thing is different in that he lost and it was apparently racially tinged for another level of heinousness.