SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a change

Default Re: Time for a change

Hey, at least we are getting some national press! From USA Today:

"Georgia Southern: It might be a bit early to start looking at the hot seat, but it would be hard to feel good about Tyson Summers’ start this season. After a disastrous 2016 — the athletics director had to issue a statement that he wasn’t firing his first-year coach after going 5-7 — the Eagles changed offenses and returned to their triple-option roots. But so far that hasn’t moved the needle, as evidenced by Saturday’s 22-12 loss to FCS-level New Hampshire. Just a couple years ago, this was one of the Sun Belt’s better programs. Now the Eagles look hopelessly lost. "

Quote Originally Posted by DrSwampy View Post

"Georgia Southern: It might be a bit early to start looking at the hot seat, but it would be hard to feel good about Tyson Summers’ start this season. After a disastrous 2016 — the athletics director had to issue a statement that he wasn’t firing his first-year coach after going 5-7 — the Eagles changed offenses and returned to their triple-option roots. But so far that hasn’t moved the needle, as evidenced by Saturday’s 22-12 loss to FCS-level New Hampshire. Just a couple years ago, this was one of the Sun Belt’s better programs. Now the Eagles look hopelessly lost. "

I think we may be the worst team in all FBS.
    Tyson is in over his head. Time to go

Quote Originally Posted by DrSwampy View Post

Under the circumstances, it's the nicest thing he could have written.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

So....what is this change to the Triple Option he's talking about? This offense looks just like the one of the last several years. From where I was sitting I couldn't see no "change".

Hey fart, were you wearing specialized overalls and a blue checkered hat yesterday.....or was that you in the "Aging" shirt, Tilly hat and the overwide suspenders.......

5. Default Re: Time for a change

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    So....what is this change to the Triple Option he's talking about? This offense looks just like the one of the last several years. From where I was sitting I couldn't see no "change".

Hey fart, were you wearing specialized overalls and a blue checkered hat yesterday.....or was that you in the "Aging" shirt, Tilly hat and the overwide suspenders.......
    I never have been able to tell WTF TS is trying to do on offense.

A bunch of linemen standing around and a confused backfield running into the wall of standing guys isn't really a triple option.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

A bunch of linemen standing around and a confused backfield running into the wall of standing guys isn't really a triple option.
    I keep saying it, I think it's called the squirt gun offense.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

It's time for the change we have made no progress since the Spring Game OF 2016, and I have heard and read that this is not what we want to run because of the OL that were recruited for something else. Heck Monken did it with Hatcher's OL who were even softer. It's time to make the change whole hog, it can not get any worse. OL needs to put their hands in the dirt and come out low and hard and hit somebody, the offense needs to operate on the LOS instead of 5-7 yards deep, and we need to get to running our offense downhill. This team has NO IDENTITY, we are not bigger, faster, stronger, tougher, hungrier, etc. than anybody at this point. This DOT blocking scheme (1 man blocking 4 watching) aint working, pitching the ball 7-10 yards deep aint working, running into a brick wall ain't working... Stop the insanity do something different or we will be 0-12 when this season is over. Heck I wanted to "Kiffin" CTS at halftime. we have two weeks to get ready for Indiana will it be more of the same or something different, this reminds me of when Hatcher had two weeks to get ready for Samford, and I saw what until recently was the most unprepared GS team since well you know and a few game in the interim season. If it's more of the same, and the OC isn't raising red flags to whoever will listen then they all need to go...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

I'm officially coining that the DOT Blocking Scheme - 1 man blocking, 4 watching...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post

No and it's a good thing. As mad as I was at that **** show, I'd have strung someone up if I'd had on suspenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

No one was happy at the end of the game. Somebody let a couple of NH fans get under their skin about 30 sec after time expired and was shouting something like "Go home, yankees" or something to that effect. Not that I condone such behavior, but I believe if someone has looked at me sideways, I would have been darn perturbed......