Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast

Thread: Time for a change

Default Re: Time for a change

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Time for a change?

Yeah, obviously. But pitching a public fit or stink-fest about it will hurt this program badly.

Try to be calm and handle your dissatisfaction by privately contacting the powers that be.

The situation is clear enough that we don't need a lynch mob. That only makes GS look bad and a less attractive destination when the job comes open.

Beating your chest on this site and social media hurts us. If you've got skin in the game (as a donor), take your time and express your concerns in the right way.

If you try to burn this program down on Facebook or GSUFans.com, that's your ego. Put the program above yourself.
    We are arguabley the worst DIV I FBS program in the country, expecting people to act perfectly is beyond hokey. We have been headed backwards since the day CTS was hired now we are a NATIONAL laughing stock. The social media stuff does not even come close to the damage that is being done by the HC. I am sure recruits and whoever else that matters give two craps and understands the JUSTIFIED fan outrage they are probably more focused on complete **** show that is happening on the field. This is not fans going ape **** losing to GaSt while still going to a bowl game. Does it help no but this is the first time the reaction of the fans are completely justified. AL fans ***** and moan about not beating a team by more than two scores I think anyone with common sense will understand the reaction of being the worst offense if not the worst overall team in DIV I FBS. This is one time we have no crazy fans just justified angry ones. The holier than though sermons on how fans should act that even I have given on here and on Facebook are worthless and without merit right now.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by turfwar View Post
    Three straight years of good recruiting classes have brought us to this?
    Really? Have you seen us play?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    Really? Have you seen us play?
    What drives me up the wall is how poorly we do when it comes to getting special teams on the field or making an audible. That tells me that a new staff would win pretty quickly with our players. If we start fresh with a new staff, we would win plenty next year just by making the right hire.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Maybe, but making a change now would at least let potential recruits know who they will be playing for next year. Better for the new guy to be recruiting now than beginning in December. Atthis point who can Summers recruit that we would even want?
    I'm not opposed to firing Summers immediately, but I don't think we'd hire his successor until December. I'd guess we'd just name someone on the current staff as interim. If the interim did enough to earn the job then recruits would know who they'd be playing for next year, but I just don't see us searching for a new HC from outside the program two weeks into a season. Doing it now would give us a little more time to get a potential candidate list and be the first team ready to make contact with replacements at the appropriate time at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Maybe, but making a change now would at least let potential recruits know who they will be playing for next year. Better for the new guy to be recruiting now than beginning in December. Atthis point who can Summers recruit that we would even want?
    Making a change now does nothing as far as recruiting. You wouldn't have a new staff in place until the season is over. The only thing firing Summers right now does is appease an angry fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    Making a change now does nothing as far as recruiting. You wouldn't have a new staff in place until the season is over. The only thing firing Summers right now does is appease an angry fan base.
    Not necessarily a bad thing, before they start leaving with their donations in droves...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Your memory is not too good. We were not leading that game late in the 4th quarter.
    Go back and read what you wrote and then rewatch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Your memory is not too good. We were not leading that game late in the 4th quarter.
    Go back and read what you wrote and then rewatch the game.
    You're right. That was supposed to be 3rd. edited.
    Last edited by ditka4prez; 11th September 2017 at 06:40 PM.

10. Default

i wonder how many "commits" de-commit now that tyson's dumpster fire is on full display.