Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's petition for the resignation of TK and TS!

1. Default Re: Let's petition for the resignation of TK and TS!

Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but we are fully engulfed in a raging dumpster fire because TK's ego hired an albatross of a head football coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    TK isn't going anywhere, and thank goodness we have presumably rational people making these decisions that don't have the some emotional connection we do. Sort of like not allowing surgeons to operate on their own family members.

Sending everyone to the guillotine is a good way to take things from the frying pan to the fire.

Default Re: Let's petition for the resignation of TK and TS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    He's not going to fire the AD who has oversaw the triple of the athletic budget since 2010 and led an athletic department that had a reported surplus of 1.2 million in revenue for 2016.
    First of all, I initially referred to December which should have been the football staffs' swan song. Second of all I mentioned TPTB giving the AD a raise and extension. That meant I was talking about cleaning house in football. I was not talking about firing the AD. As for the AD, it was concerning the mistake of giving the AD anything else. That is the two circumstances that lead me to know what we had with the new leadership.

As for your surplus, Come on man!

"Student fees marked the highest source of revenue at $9.5 million, followed closely by school funds at nearly $9 million."

We did not turn a profit based on "earned" revenue. We just did not spend it all.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    First of all, I initially referred to December which should have been the football staffs' swan song. Second of all I mentioned TPTB giving the AD a raise and extension. That meant I was talking about cleaning house in football. I was not talking about firing the AD. As for the AD, it was concerning the mistake of giving the AD anything else. That is the two circumstances that lead me to know what we had with the new leadership.

As for your surplus, Come on man!

"[FONT="]Student fees marked the highest source of revenue at $9.5 million, followed closely by school funds at nearly $9 million."

[/FONT]
    We did not turn a profit based on "earned" revenue. We just did not spend it all.
    So whats your point? We aren't making money?

4. Default Re: Let's petition for the resignation of TK and TS!

TK and TS gave GOT to go. All the blah blah on how great TK is nothing to the ARROGANCE this man exhibits. He changes things s sacred to Georgia Southern. Then writes " we are not raising ticket prices" and then raises other fees. Does he think we are stupid? We Alumna are sick and tired of his decisions. The Alumna DID NOT WANT to move up to FBS but he found a way to get around that with flowery talk. Sorry, TK....we saw right through your pretty words. The Augusta Eagle Club used to have 250 people come....in May there were maybe 50 people there. We are tired of him. As of now, I will not go to another of these get-togethers ...total waste of time and money. He can take all his accomplishments and go back North....BTW....these feelings have been festering LONG before they TS...

5. Default Re: Let's petition for the resignation of TK and TS!

Quote Originally Posted by bettyt71 View Post
    TK and TS gave GOT to go. All the blah blah on how great TK is nothing to the ARROGANCE this man exhibits. He changes things s sacred to Georgia Southern. Then writes " we are not raising ticket prices" and then raises other fees. Does he think we are stupid? We Alumna are sick and tired of his decisions. The Alumna DID NOT WANT to move up to FBS but he found a way to get around that with flowery talk. Sorry, TK....we saw right through your pretty words. The Augusta Eagle Club used to have 250 people come....in May there were maybe 50 people there. We are tired of him. As of now, I will not go to another of these get-togethers ...total waste of time and money. He can take all his accomplishments and go back North....BTW....these feelings have been festering LONG before they TS...
    All righty now.

Quote Originally Posted by bettyt71 View Post
    If I capitalize random words mid sentence, I sound very authoritative...

So whats your point? We aren't making money?
    We received $9 mil of state subsidy so that kept us from losing $7 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    We received $9 mil of state subsidy so that kept us from losing $7 mil.
    I have no way of proving this, but I'd wager and be curious to know, that our athletic department generates more than the 9 million that we are given for the University as a whole. Keel talked about athletics as the front porch. The growth of the school from the 80s into the 90s is attributed to the football program.

And you can't take the 9 million out of the equation just to fit the argument. Its given as a part of the budget. If we want to say no thanks, we can always drop back down to FCS or go D2.

9. Default Re: Let's petition for the resignation of TK and TS!

The growth of the school from the 80s into the 90s is attributed to the football program.
    Don't dismiss a changing of admission standards. Football was a factor. But it wasn't the lone gunman.

I have no way of proving this, but I'd wager and be curious to know, that our athletic department generates more than the 9 million that we are given for the University as a whole. Keel talked about athletics as the front porch. The growth of the school from the 80s into the 90s is attributed to the football program.

And you can't take the 9 million out of the equation just to fit the argument. Its given as a part of the budget. If we want to say no thanks, we can always drop back down to FCS or go D2.
    I am not taking it out of the equation. I am just saying our athletics is not "turning a profit" and any AD would have received it. It was not brought about by TK. It only makes it look like TK generated a 1.6 million profit. That is not exactly true.