SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cook Knows Flex

1. Default Cook Knows Flex

After two disappointing games attempting to run a shotgun or pistol option or some form of option, perhaps a pure flex triple option may be our best shot the rest of the season. Cook has the ability to make it happen. Two games in, changes is better than waiting to the middle or end of season.

Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    After two disappointing games attempting to run a shotgun or pistol option or some form of option, perhaps a pure flex triple option may be our best shot the rest of the season. Cook has the ability to make it happen. Two games in changes is better than waiting to the middle or end of season.
    Cook hasnt shown me ****. He needs to ride with Summers out of this town
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    They're both lame ducks. Might as well inhale vigorously it up until December.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

I so tied of this Cook crap. He goes too!
    CLASS OF '92
    B.S. Criminal Justice

As of now, if any of these coaches come back next year then we have a major fail. If TS is fired and Cook takes over and we win a few then you might look at him, but I think at this point the chances of that are about .35%. If you can't block anyone then you can't win, it is just that simple. You can run the chunk and duck, the flex, the shotgun option or the straight I formation, if you can't block ANYONE then what does the scheme matter.

"Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

7. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Im not that down on Cook.

8. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    After two disappointing games attempting to run a shotgun or pistol option or some form of option, perhaps a pure flex triple option may be our best shot the rest of the season. Cook has the ability to make it happen. Two games in, changes is better than waiting to the middle or end of season.
    That is solid logic to me. 3 weeks to get ready before conference games too. Indiana will be big up front and hard to zone block. Might as well cut them and try to win at least one on 11/4

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    1 TD, 1 FG in a game against FCS RESERVES in mop up time. Ok, he's an offensive genius. This kind of acceptance is why TS is still here. SMH
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    I'll go with that, I've read heard second hand that he isn't running what he wants because of the OL not recruited to do that. Well Monken did it with less OL talent he had Hatcher's soft, I doubt can bend over to cut block someone OL and they did it pretty well. We have two weeks to get ready for Indiana if we come out with the same DOT OL and "Squirt Gun" offense then they all need to stop the insanity and be gone. If I was Cook, I'd tell CTS we need to go undercenter and if he disagreed, I'd make that known, heck you're gone if you don't win anyway, might as well go out trying to make change.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me