Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

Thread: Cook Knows Flex

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    660

    Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    1 TD, 1 FG in a game against FCS RESERVES in mop up time. Ok, he's an offensive genius. This kind of acceptance is why TS is still here. SMH
    In two games I might add.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

  2. #12

    Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    What's the point of going under center?

    Yesterday began the process of transitioning to 2018. We have no idea what kind of offense 2018 will bring, so we might as well double down on this hybrid "gun option" stuff, which is a decent interim scheme for anything from flex to genera-spread.

    Only better execution will change our fortunes at this point, so there's no benefit in asking our players to learn an even more difficult scheme that requires even more precision and better timing.

    Plus, we'd have to take some redshirts off of OL that aren't ready. We simply don't have enough athleticism to go 100% flex without doing that.
    Last edited by pete4256; 10th September 2017 at 10:43 AM.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

  3. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    LMAO @ people who think we can install a new offense in the middle of the season.

  4. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    LMAO @ people who think we can install a new offense in the middle of the season.
    This. Let's not get more lame than we already are. Besides, no matter what offense we went with right now, it'll just be polishing a turd with a different cloth with TS at the helm. I don't buy Cook's excuse that you can't just install the TO with the types of players we have. Monken did it. Twice. Even though Army already ran the TO when he got there, there's an OBVIOUS difference in how much better Army is. Coaching makes a difference. We don't have that right now.

  5. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    What's the point of going under center?

    Yesterday began the process of transitioning to 2018. We have no idea what kind of offense 2018 will bring, so we might as well double down on this hybrid "gun option" stuff, which is a decent interim scheme for anything from flex to genera-spread.

    Only better execution will change our fortunes at this point, so there's no benefit in asking our players to learn an even more difficult scheme that requires even more precision and better timing.

    Plus, we'd have to take some redshirts off of OL that aren't ready. We simply don't have enough athleticism to go 100% flex without doing that.
    +1

    For 8 quarters I have watched an "option QB" who has not yet figured out how to pitch the ball... IMO lining him up under center is not going to correct that.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    This. Let's not get more lame than we already are. Besides, no matter what offense we went with right now, it'll just be polishing a turd with a different cloth with TS at the helm. I don't buy Cook's excuse that you can't just install the TO with the types of players we have. Monken did it. Twice. Even though Army already ran the TO when he got there, there's an OBVIOUS difference in how much better Army is. Coaching makes a difference. We don't have that right now.
    I have seen a high school do it twice.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  7. #17

    Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    We could run an actual 21st Century offense and stop with the option fetishism but our 97 year old boosters would never be in favor of such things. It's not what Erk would do, after all.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    We could run an actual 21st Century offense and stop with the option fetishism but our 97 year old boosters would never be in favor of such things. It's not what Erk would do, after all.
    Go away.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

  9. #19

    Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    Texas was a national power with Darrell Royal and the Wishbone. Their fans didn't find Mack Brown's offense to be disrespectful to his legacy and they don't think that about Tom Herman's state of the art up tempo spread.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

    Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Texas was a national power with Darrell Royal and the Wishbone. Their fans didn't find Mack Brown's offense to be disrespectful to his legacy and they don't think that about Tom Herman's state of the art up tempo spread.
    Don't not get me wrong.. Im for for our traditions but I really do not care what offense we run as long as we win. I loved what Fritz was doing but Ill admit Im not really an X and Os guy. I just want to see good football. I just really hope yesterdays game made Tyson rethink some things. Lets hope they all figure it out and that the players don't give up .

Similar Threads

  1. Cook?
    By eagleeye in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 16th December 2016, 02:22 PM
  2. Why do you want Fritz to mix in the flex?
    By Dave. in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12th January 2014, 07:04 PM
  3. TK and the Flex
    By EAGLEClassOf13 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 24th December 2013, 10:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •