Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cook Knows Flex

Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We also did 100% all flex all the time from the moment Monken became coach in Jan 10 until Spring of 11 when we started adding in shotgun.

We've only dabbled in flex at this point. We'd have much less reps in it at this point than the team did in 2010 against SSU to kickoff the season. We also wouldn't have the experience at QB to aid the transition like we did with Jaybo.

Also, we talk about Ramsby like he hits the hole as hard as he can on every play. He's always been a jumpy runner, and tends to try and jump cut out of trouble more than just hitting people. Breida was the guy that hit the hole fast. Fields did too, but it appears he's starting to lose confidence in his blocking.
    Gotta start somewhere or continue the insanity...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    He's definitely frustrated, his body language and some conversations I have heard definitely support that.
    This team hasn't shown the mental toughness to finish drive. The FG drive (IIRC) was proof. We were inhale vigorouslying wind, and Fields looked like he was begging to come off the field. He didn't seem pleased at all when they waved him back on.

Great leadership!
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

3. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

If we're going to go 2-10 or 3-9 regardless, we might as well run something that will prepare us for the next staff.

If we go full-on flex at this point, we almost certainly will be looking at a radical, difficult scheme change in 2018.
    Who's to say our next staff won't be flex dominated coaches?

4. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

In my opinion Fields' frustration looked at times to be more associated with the Quarterback not making the right read. Wide open field for the back and the QB keeps and scrambles into a 3 yard loss. His vision doesn't look very good at this point. He also missed a couple receivers that were wide open. He never even saw them. Nathan Deen was very much on the bandwagon with giving another quarterback a shot. He's correct that Quarterback play needs to improve. I see Werts' upside. He is fast and athletic but he is not seeing the field. Just to be fair he is not getting a lot of help from the line and we dropped at least one pass. If our quarterback play does not improve it doesn't matter if we are under center or in the gun. I think we all knew that the quarterback position was going to be a wildcard this season.

5. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Texas was a national power with Darrell Royal and the Wishbone. Their fans didn't find Mack Brown's offense to be disrespectful to his legacy and they don't think that about Tom Herman's state of the art up tempo spread.
    And it is perhaps the riches athletic program in the country. Facilities and resources to recruit the finest talent in the country. They can be successful running ANY offense if they can coach.

i hope you see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Who's to say our next staff won't be flex dominated coaches?
    Because that pool of coaches is small and TK has proven hes not going to go hire an almighty flexbone coach just to satisfy a few folks trying to re-live the glory days.

7. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    Because that pool of coaches is small and TK has proven hes not going to go hire an almighty flexbone coach just to satisfy a few folks trying to re-live the glory days.
    FEW????? Everyone I talk to that's an Eagle tix holder wants it and ONLY it.

8. Default Re: Cook Knows Flex

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    Also, TK is a dead man walking in Statesboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Also, TK is a dead man walking in Statesboro.
    As referenced by the extension he just signed in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    FEW????? Everyone I talk to that's an Eagle tix holder wants it and ONLY it.
    I'd wager that if you polled the masses, they'd say they want to see us WIN more than us have to run a particular formation on offense. The problem with the whole thing is people would rather see us struggle if we don't use the formation vs. see the team win.