Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: Hard to Imagine

  1. #41

    Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I totally agree with Houston vs Chadwell. I don't think the latter fits our culture.

    As far as GS being a good G5 job? We're a place where a lot of coaches have failed spectacularly over the past decade.
    GS will always have the proximity to talent and tradition on its side when hiring. Coaches see plenty of wins, and also see that our two previous coaches went on to 7 figure paychecks. I think we eliminate some good defensive candidates because of our commitment to the option, but I see that as our only "knock" in the eyes of an up and coming coach.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    GS will always have the proximity to talent and tradition on its side when hiring. Coaches see plenty of wins, and also see that our two previous coaches went on to 7 figure paychecks. I think we eliminate some good defensive candidates because of our commitment to the option, but I see that as our only "knock" in the eyes of an up and coming coach.
    The option is actually becoming more popular in college football. The "knock" is that we are very committed to a certain form of the option that lessens the amount of coaches he would have to hire as an OC.

  3. Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    We need to jump off the flexbone tit and start hiring good coaches.

    That's why Fritz was a success.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We need to jump off the flexbone tit and start hiring good coaches.

    That's why Fritz was a success.
    As much as I loved the flex Fritz made me forget about it. There are plenty of good coaches that run some form of option.
    We should should have hired Houston

  5. Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Question: In all seriousness, do you think people would care IF a new coach came in, threw the ball 40+ times a game, and won 9+ games per year? Or do you think the base would bring out the torches and pitchforks with the first 3-and-out? Personally, I love to watch option football... almost as much as I like to watch winning football. I'd like to hear some opinions.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    22,646

    Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim121256 View Post
    Question: In all seriousness, do you think people would care IF a new coach came in, threw the ball 40+ times a game, and won 9+ games per year? Or do you think the base would bring out the torches and pitchforks with the first 3-and-out? Personally, I love to watch option football... almost as much as I like to watch winning football. I'd like to hear some opinions.
    I would rather prefer someone to come in and run an option offense myself. I loved seeing what we did in 2014 just running people out of the stadium on the ground with Breida busting those really long TDs.

    You know what would be equally exciting? Seeing something like Baylor did under Briles where they just piled on people on the ground and in the air...whatever was available to them.

    If we're dynamic and win games, that's all that matters. I'm sure Nick Saban would like to be able to get out there with a huge OL and a big bruising RB and do nothing but dives and iso's all day long, just nailing people with a power run game over and over. However the game has changed and so has he. He's doing what it takes to maintain his position at the top of the mountain and win games.

    Winning games is our tradition above all else, and even more so in Paulson Stadium. That's what I want to see.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

    Arkansas State University

    October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2


  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    23,898

    Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim121256 View Post
    Question: In all seriousness, do you think people would care IF a new coach came in, threw the ball 40+ times a game, and won 9+ games per year? Or do you think the base would bring out the torches and pitchforks with the first 3-and-out? Personally, I love to watch option football... almost as much as I like to watch winning football. I'd like to hear some opinions.
    Win!, hire a proven HC, let him bring in his "winning offense", run it and start winning again at GS.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim121256 View Post
    Question: In all seriousness, do you think people would care IF a new coach came in, threw the ball 40+ times a game, and won 9+ games per year? Or do you think the base would bring out the torches and pitchforks with the first 3-and-out? Personally, I love to watch option football... almost as much as I like to watch winning football. I'd like to hear some opinions.
    If we win 9 + per year I'm ok with whatever offense we are running.

  9. Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Winning games is our tradition above all else, and even more so in Paulson Stadium. That's what I want to see.
    .

    My feelings exactly. I'd love to see it running the TO. But seeing the winning is more important to me than any particular system.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Hard to Imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    TK and the two previous head coaches butted heads over many issue. TK saw in Tyson Summers someone who he could control somewhat and that became more important to him than actually winnnng.
    What would Monken or Fritz said to TK if he had told either of them "no, I won't give your OC a two year contract"?

Similar Threads

  1. HARD QUESTION
    By JDC325 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 23rd October 2013, 03:21 PM
  2. It's hard to believe..
    By ironeagles in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd April 2011, 07:07 AM
  3. The Last of the Hard?
    By gsufanatic in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd December 2010, 03:10 PM
  4. Really Hard to Imagine
    By TCM in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 9th November 2009, 06:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •