Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hard to Imagine

Default Re: Hard to Imagine

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    What would Monken or Fritz said to TK if he had told either of them "no, I won't give your OC a two year contract"?
    They would not take the job.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I would rather prefer someone to come in and run an option offense myself. I loved seeing what we did in 2014 just running people out of the stadium on the ground with Breida busting those really long TDs.

You know what would be equally exciting? Seeing something like Baylor did under Briles where they just piled on people on the ground and in the air...whatever was available to them.

If we're dynamic and win games, that's all that matters. I'm sure Nick Saban would like to be able to get out there with a huge OL and a big bruising RB and do nothing but dives and iso's all day long, just nailing people with a power run game over and over. However the game has changed and so has he. He's doing what it takes to maintain his position at the top of the mountain and win games.

Winning games is our tradition above all else, and even more so in Paulson Stadium. That's what I want to see.
    How long you reckon Art is radioactive? Another two years?
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I would hope for our university it's permanent.

Heck, he was radioactive in Canada.

It would be best for our university if we didn't go after him.

However there are coaches that have learned from him elsewhere, so his tree is expanding.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

6. Default Re: Hard to Imagine

With the current status of our program who could we bring in short of a Nick Saban clone who could recruit 3 and 4 star players to this simmering cess pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    ONE season as a DC? He should never have been a serious contender.
    Once again waited a day to ensure some rationality but the anger just will not go away after that top five embarrassing moment in the history of GS football.
    I said this the day he got hired and was blasted on twitter....Said it one here as well with varying reaction. From day one he has taken this program backwards. He was not ready to be a high school coach much less a DIV I FBS coach. This is not the little leagues were we can just out athlete 90% of the FCS. This takes above average coaching and recruiting that is more than just first warm bodies that take our offer. Fritz had his flaws but he knew how to run a program which we can all see is a lot more important than we thought and he could recruit and identify REAL DIV I FBS talent. CTS has no clue on either.

For the buy out I know that $900K is a lot but not near as much when you factor in the thousands of lost tickets sales, donations and concessions that are not going to happen as a result of this year. I would think in the end it would be break even all things considered. Not to mention the years it will likely take to dig out of this mess. We are literally the worst team in college football as of today. We were a better FBS team in the FCS than what we currently have.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Technically his buyout will be 600k plus whatever is left this year. He was hired Dec (or Jan depending on when his contract kicked in). We're almost done with the second year and he hasn't met requirements for rollover to a new contract term.

So basically, if you fire him at the end of this year, he's going to cost you the same amount as if you let the bleeding continue and you fire him next year.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

If it wasn't for the storm he would have been fired yesterday. The bye week would have allowed an interim to get things goingHe is at the team hotel right now so they can't really fire him and by the time they are back in Statesboro he will have spent several days game planning. If we look dreadful again against Indiana I think a move will be made. I think the University probably wants to avoid this being the storyline for our home opener that is going to be on National TV on a weeknight. There also is a little extra time in between those games.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    If it wasn't for the storm he would have been fired yesterday. The bye week would have allowed an interim to get things goingHe is at the team hotel right now so they can't really fire him and by the time they are back in Statesboro he will have spent several days game planning. If we look dreadful again against Indiana I think a move will be made. I think the University probably wants to avoid this being the storyline for our home opener that is going to be on National TV on a weeknight. There also is a little extra time in between those games.

They got back about 7pm last night.