SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: "We won the second half..."

1. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    Well I hope against Indiana we can at least win the first half of the second quarter and the bottom third of the fourth quarter. That will at least show progress and save coaches job.
    There is no hope we even win the walk from the bus to the locker room.

TS is setting new standards. Just not the good kind.

Default Re: "We won the second half..."

It is hilarious the sect that talk about "who would ever want to come here..."

Not one potential coach would ever think twice about coming here. We gave a guy with zero credentials $500K. We actually would have a line of coaches knocking down our door.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post

Not one potential coach would ever think twice about coming here. We gave a guy with zero credentials $500K. We actually would have a line of coaches knocking down our door.
    But as soon as they don't run flex the natives would turn on them.

We are our own worst enemy sometimes.

Georgia Southern football, in our current stage of development, will by necessity be a proving ground for up and coming coaches until we surge to national prominence and start rolling in the $. We will get to see some great up and coming minds win some big games as well as the occasional Summers fiasco. Despite his loyalty to Georgia Southern, this was just a bad hire as he was not a head coach and way in over his head. Will he figure it out? My opinion is no, his personality and lack of knowledge is killing the enthusiasm built up in 2014/15. Does he have potential? Hard to say, but we don't have that kind of time for him to figure it out. We'll be back in FCS or worse by the time he does. That said, he needs to go NOW and we need to give the next guy a shot, if for nothing else, to get some butts in the seat and create some sort of buzz. Allowing him to continue is hurting player development, morale and my damn feelings. Who do we hire? I don't know but I'm pretty sure almost everyone would be willing to gamble on an interim at this point. Give the interim guy a set of expectations and agree to evaluate and properly consider him for the head job. I the meantime, start lining up some good FCS coaches looking to break into the big time. If they do well, great, they'll be here 2/3 years and gone. If they show no promise, they're here 1 year and gone. Hiring run of the mill OCs and DCs with no head coaching experience to be the HEAD coach at our level is asinine. Hire a man that can RUN a program. JMO
    Last edited by oldfart; 14th September 2017 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post

So GS is so amazing and awesome that we would never in a million years have anyone turn us down, or not even be willing to talk with us? I bet that it happens every time we have had a coaching search, we just don't hear about it or don't want to know about it. How many thought we had the guy from Auburn (can't remember his name right now) all but wrapped up several years ago only to find he was not only not a candidate, but wouldn't even talk to us. I bet we are told no more often than we would care to imagine.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    I'm not saying your stupid, just saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking. Lol
    If you are going to call someone stupid, i would suggest you spell the words in your post correctly. When you don't it becomes ironic. I don't have a dog in the fight. It was just an interesting observation.
    Last edited by NashvilleEagle; 14th September 2017 at 10:07 AM.

7. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    If you are going to call someone stupid, i would suggest you spell the words in your post correctly. When you don't it becomes ironic. I don't have a dog in the fight. It was just an interesting observation.
    Ah shucks!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Ah shucks!
    Wouldn't that be "Aww, shucks!"

**ducks**
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

9. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Wouldn't that be "Aww, shucks!"

**ducks**
    Check Webster my friend.😎

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    But as soon as they don't run flex the natives would turn on them.

We are our own worst enemy sometimes.

I am getting a little old and don't remember as well as I did, but I seem to remember better than a lot of younger people I know...

eaglewraith, tell me when Fritz ran the flexbone?

Oh BTW for those who don't know or have forgotten, the home of the "Flexbone" is Ga. Southern where it was created in the 1980s primarily by Paul Johnson!!

I don't understand why some GS fans seem to have such negative feelings about an offense that is identified with Ga. Southern and brought us great national recognition plus SIX I-AA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - the most ever by a I-AA/FCS School...

I do recognize everyone is entitled to his opinion even if I disagree with it...

Just to be clear, I wish we would use both a shotgun option offense and a flexbone option offense with the QB under center...
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!