Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "We won the second half..."

Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Sorry don't want an apologetic emotional losing coach wishing for better results. I want a tough hard as nails coach like PJ or Monken that demand successful results. No buddy binding.
    Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    I didn't see where anyone said you should.
    Shouldn't what?
    I don't see where anyone said that you should want an "apologetic emotional losing coach looking for better results", so I don't know why or who you're saying "sorry" to.

2. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    I don't see where anyone said that you should want an "apologetic emotional losing coach looking for better results", so I don't know why or who you're saying "sorry" to.
    Any CTS loyalist who will never see his failure or fault and promote his agenda regardless of the continued loses. I understand their loyalty but at 5-9 there comes a time when our support must be earned and warranted.

Any CTS loyalist who will never see his failure or fault and promote his agenda regardless of the continued loses. I understand their support but at 5-9 there comes a time when our support must be earned and warranted.
    I don't think anyone who said he should have been given more time after lasts year is blindly loyal to him or doesn't see fault. What I felt was that he had made changes that appeared at the time to be very positive ones and that I don't believe one year is enough to fire any coach. I've said before that knowing what I know about this program and our fans, you could not pay me enough to uproot my family and come to GSU to be the next head coach. Who in their right mind would come to coach here if we basically told them the following: We are not going to pay you very much and as soon as you lose your first game you're going be on the hotseat, abused and fired almost immediately, oh and you have to do it all while running the flex TO. No other offense or formation is allowed to be run in the beautiful confines of Paulson.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

4. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I don't think anyone who said he should have been given more time after lasts year is blindly loyal to him or doesn't see fault. What I felt was that he had made changes that appeared at the time to be very positive ones and that I don't believe one year is enough to fire any coach. I've said before that knowing what I know about this program and our fans, you could not pay me enough to uproot my family and come to GSU to be the next head coach. Who in their right mind would come to coach here if we basically told them the following: We are not going to pay you very much and as soon as you lose your first game you're going be on the hotseat, abused and fired almost immediately, oh and you have to do it all while running the flex TO. No other offense or formation is allowed to be run in the beautiful confines of Paulson.
    My point proven.

My point proven.
    Alright smartass...what point? Where am I blindly loyal? Where did I say he wasn't at fault? Where did I say he hasn't failed? Where did I say I 100% supported him? If this year doesn't get any better, he needs to go. But not after one year and not after game two. We are the youngest team in America right now and we inhale vigorously. I get it. There is no up side to it. Adding HC duties to Cook right now when the offense is floundering too does nothing. Is the defense going to magically get better because it's only ZO coaching it now? Is the offense going to magically get better because Cook has more put on his plate instead of less? Other than appeasing the pitchfork and torch crowd, firing him right now does absolutely NOTHING! I don't want him to be our coach next year. But right now has no benefit.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    Lawrenceville, GA

6. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Alright smartass...what point?
    Alrighty now. I think I'm relatively smart but not necessarily an ***. Thanks for the Kudos. Keep asking yourself the same questions in your last post and I feel confident you'll figure it out.

7. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

"We won the 2nd half" is to CTS what "China Route" was to BVG.

I'd rather have BVG.

This is legitimately the only coach we've had that I would rank below VanGorder. I really didn't think it was possible.

Alrighty now. I think I'm relatively smart but not necessarily an ***. Thanks for the Kudos. Keep asking yourself the same questions in your last post and I feel confident you'll figure it out.
    How about you try and answer the questions that I posed to you in my post? Or do you want to continue to deflect? So let's say we fire him today. Then what? How are we magically better tomorrow in your eyes?

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    Lawrenceville, GA

9. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

How about you try and answer the questions that I posed to you in my post? Or do you want to continue to deflect? So let's say we fire him today. Then what? How are we magically better tomorrow in your eyes?
    I don't answer to you or required to respond to your provoking inquiries. But putting your words and comments in contents with my post are asinine and fictitious.

10. Default Re: "We won the second half..."

Any CTS loyalist who will never see his failure or fault and promote his agenda regardless of the continued loses. I understand their loyalty but at 5-9 there comes a time when our support must be earned and warranted.

CTS loyalists exist? In real life?

Doubtful after this last trainwreck.