Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Video - GA Southern post game show Interview w Summers and more

Default Re: Video - GA Southern post game show Interview w Summers and more

22 points isn't a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    That might be true...but we shouldn't even break a sweat to beat an FCS team if they score 22 points...we should have dropped 30+ with relative ease...SHOULD have.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400787441

That's what should happen when we play a playoff capable FCS team.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

I was at the game, and it was pretty depressing. We were sitting on the 50, a few rows up, and the UNH players were laughing at our fans and having a great time. Some idiot several rows back kept ringing a cowbell, and all we could do was sit there and take it.
    At this point, what is there to feel except apathy? I look at the schedule and really can't see more than 2 wins, IF we are lucky. There's really nothing to be excited about. It absolutely escapes comprehension how we had so much momentum after our first two seasons in the SunBelt, and all of that momentum and potential is now completely gone. I want to root for Summers to turn it around because he seems like a decent man, but it becomes more clear by the day that he's just not ready to be a head coach, especially at this level. I'm afraid the only option we'll have (no pun intended) is to cut ties and start over. It's unlikely our AD will admit that this hire was a mistake, but he may have no other choice than to let Summers go and make a great hire for next season or else the apathy that sets in may take years to bounce back from.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    22 points isn't a lot
    it was how we gave up 22. Like I've posted, we looked unprepared for what UNH was going to do. Clueless, seeing RB run it right up the gut untouched, wide receivers wide open with no GS defenders 10 yards near them. Like I said, did we even watch film on UNH? We are seeing a bad pattern, IMO, where our defense lets poor teams jump out to big leads.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    it was how we gave up 22. Like I've posted, we looked unprepared for what UNH was going to do. Clueless, seeing RB run it right up the gut untouched, wide receivers wide open with no GS defenders 10 yards near them. Like I said, did we even watch film on UNH? We are seeing a bad pattern, IMO, where our defense lets poor teams jump out to big leads.
    Who else knew we'd lose as soon as UNH converted the two-point play?

I mean, when our defense got out-physicalled and out-athleted by a New England team and then had an epic coaching failure on the PAT, you had to know we were toast.
    Last edited by pete4256; 10th September 2017 at 04:02 PM.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

6. Default Re: Video - GA Southern post game show Interview w Summers and more

I don't think he will ever be a college head coach. He would probably make a fine high school head coach. Going 5-5 every year and maybe making some noise in region every once in awhile. The community would be happy because winning isn't everything but he's such a role model for these young boys.

7. Default Re: Video - GA Southern post game show Interview w Summers and more

That sounded like a defeated man.

8. Default Re: Video - GA Southern post game show Interview w Summers and more

They have stated many times what their defensive game plan is and it doesn't change from game to game. Get angry swarm around the ball and crack skulls.!they aren't joking when they say that. This staff would be ok at about the AA high school level.

9. Default Re: Video - GA Southern post game show Interview w Summers and more

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    I don't think he will ever be a college head coach.
    Uh I think you missed the boat on that one. He's been a HC over a year now. Now a successful HC is another story.

10. Default Re: Video - GA Southern post game show Interview w Summers and more

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Uh I think you missed the boat on that one. He's been a HC over a year now. Now a successful HC is another story.
    I realize he has the title of head coach but if you think that abomination is a head coach then you are the one that has missed the boat.