SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crickets...

Default Crickets...

...from the TS defenders and the chest thumpers predicting 7-8 wins.

There's a chance stAte can be a turn around game, but only if the OL learns how to block. I think the recruiting and coaching went after players that are longer like Mangana
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Default Re: Crickets...

So glad this thread was created. We don't have enough Tyson Summers ***** threads.

BTW, Magaña was recruited by Fritz, not Summers.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

There ain't much to say.......only somebody that doesn't acknowledge reality could try to rationalize the situation we're in. Even those that blindly support TS have got to admit truth after watching this

Yeah....maybe a 5-7 season doesn't = full blown panic, but ...... starting off like we have and, the record notwithstanding, just watch our execution definitely does = full blown panic

I actually see the silence you've pointed out as a good sign.....otherwise you'd have to really question the sanity of the blind TS supporters. The fact that they're silent means that they've finally upchucked the Kool Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So glad this thread was created. We don't have enough Tyson Summers ***** threads.

BTW, Magaña was recruited by Fritz, not Summers.
    I'm counting Fritz as recruiting differently than we have

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I'm counting Fritz as recruiting differently than we have
    Differently than we have historically, or differently than we have under Summers?

Basically everything we've accomplished since 2013 has been accomplished with Monken's players. I'm not convinced that our last four classes were great classes.

That said, I'm pretty sure a master of player development like Monken would have us convinced of their greatness within about twelve months.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Differently than we have historically, or differently than we have under Summers?

Basically everything we've accomplished since 2013 has been accomplished with Monken's players. I'm not convinced that our last four classes were great classes.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

That said, I'm pretty sure a master of player development like Monken would have us convinced of their greatness within about twelve months.
    We lost a lot when Jeff left. No doubt.

But Tyson Summers is a nice, christian, family man. That's all that matters...

9. Default Re: Crickets...

I made the short drive to Birmingham Saturday and the much longer horrible drive home afterwards. I made a point of not posting any message board comments until I had a chance to purge the emotion. I have not been 100% successful there, but this is about as close to non-emotional I will get (fan comes from the word fanatic right?).

I probably can be accused of being a CTS defender since I firmly believe you have to give a young first time head coach a couple of years to learn the job. I still do believe it. You don't fire a head coach in the middle of a season unless you run into some major rules violations or other major issues (think Penn State or Baylor type issues). You look back on the seasons and make a decision on the future based on the body of work (not good so far) and the direction the program is trending at the end of this season. Look at A-State the past couple of seasons. They get off to horrible starts losing the out of conference games and then turning it up a notch when conference play begins. I admittedly look through blue colored glasses, but I am hopeful we will see a similar result from our team. I knew it would take some time for the offense to click properly when adjusting back to the TO. Heck.. everyone on this board has commented how young we are on both sides of the ball. Were we overly optimistic on the learning curve for our Freshman QB and other young players? Despite the youth and move back to the TO I honestly did not expect to see Saturday's dismal results against a FCS team. I think there are things to lay on the coaching staff and things that are outside their control.

The team came out flat. I imagine the players minds were elsewhere with Irma (how many players do we have from South Georgia and Florida). I imagine it was a let down to not open up in Paulson and have to go on the road to play in front of a small crowd. BUT.... getting the team ready to play and pumped up is on the coaching staff. It is their job to get the team ready to play. We were not ready. Yes, we made adjustments at halftime and kept UNH out of the end-zone the second half. What concerns me is I felt this first half to be eerily similar to the first half vs GagState last season. Is this the learning curve of a young Head Coach or will it continue to be an issue? CTS could have the right OC and DC in place, but if he can't get the team ready to play every week then he won't make it.

Offensively we never got into a good rhythm. I saw several play calls I questioned. Frankly we were getting 3-4 yards on most runs up the middle. I and others sitting nearby questioned why we just didn't keep pounding the ball up the middle the entire first half and wear down their defensive line and linebackers.

However, I can't lay all of the results on the coaches. The coaches did not make a bad pitch, dropped passes, overthrew open receivers, and make an unnecessary block resulting in a penalty pushing us out of the red zone.

I will withhold my opinion on CTS until the end of the season (biting my tongue for the next 2 1/2 months will be painful). If we start to perform the way we can, do well in conference play, and finish the season trending in a positive direction (a trend is more than one or two games.... need to see positive results the second half of the season consistently) then I would be inclined to keep him. If the train wreck continues with no obvious improvement then he must go.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

10. Default Re: Crickets...

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post

I will withhold my opinion on CTS until the end of the season (biting my tongue for the next 2 1/2 months will be painful). If we start to perform the way we can, do well in conference play, and finish the season trending in a positive direction (a trend is more than one or two games.... need to see positive results the second half of the season consistently) then I would be inclined to keep him. If the train wreck continues with no obvious improvement then he must go.
    Man, when did I last hear that type of thinking before? 2016.