Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Crickets...

1. Default Re: Crickets...

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    100% agreement. There's just no benefit in acting like babies and making decisions at this point.
    Good thing that we only play one FCS team a year.

Default Re: Crickets...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Good thing that we only play one FCS team a year.
    dont get carried away, we got a FCS team in transition still on the schedule(smile)

3. Default Re: Crickets...

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    dont get carried away, we got a FCS team in transition still on the schedule(smile)
    Touche.😎

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I agree but not with the last sentence. When we were in fcs we had insane expectations, play for a championship each year. Now, just make a bowl. Every once in a while if everything goes right we might get ranked and even have a shot at the access bowl but for the most part stay competitive and make a bowl. So I feel our expectations are far less than they once we're and I don't see why we can't keep average coaches. If summers would win 6-9 games a year we would all be ok with that bc unless we are in discussions for the access bowl, there isn't a big difference in 6-6 to 9-3...only bragging rites.
    My concern is that his ceiling may be a 7 win season and never being in the access bowl conversation. I want a coach who can get us in a position to be in contention for the access bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    My concern is that his ceiling may be a 7 win season and never being in the access bowl conversation. I want a coach who can get us in a position to be in contention for the access bowl.
    I'm flabbergasted by this post.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    There's 64 other mid majors that would like that kind of coach too. Your enthusiasm is awesome though, cheers
    Peterson, taking care of business now. Peterson, still on his feet! Peterson, still on his feet! Peterson!! Still on his feet!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveEAGLE24 View Post
    There's 64 other mid majors that would like that kind of coach too. Your enthusiasm is awesome though, cheers
    yep, that's the old "small fish in big pond" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle12 View Post
    I don't get why TS haters keep bringing up this tired argument. Outside of BoosterEyes, I don't think anyone else brings up him being a good man as a reason to keep him as coach. From what I recall nobody else that mentioned TS being a good man did so to defend him as coach. They did it to counter people like cliff, that insinuate he's a bad coach bc he's a good Christian family man. I, and others, have defended shots at his character, like what you took bc, they're unnecessary and irrelevant to how bad of a coach he is. Does he deserve to be fired? Absolutely, but it has nothing to do with his character. He's just a bad coach. Leave it at that.
    There's no insinuation that he's a bad coach because he's a good man of Faith. There's a flat out WTF does that have to do with winning Football Games? His 5 F's put Football 3rd, but he is a College Head Football Coach - not a counselor, mentor, or preacher.

He's being paid 8-10x what most GSUAF Donors earn to win Football games and he has Failed miserably.
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 12th September 2017 at 07:55 AM.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    There's no insinuation that he's a bad coach because he's a good man of Faith. There's a flat out WTF does that have to do with winning Football Games? His 5 F's put Football 3rd, but he is a College Head Football Coach - not a counselor, mentor, or preacher.

He's being paid 8-10x what most GSUAF Donors earn to win Football games and he has Failed miserably.
    truth.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    And they're going to smoke us.