SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

  1. #1

    Default My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Gentlemen,
    I never do this. I mean what is the point. What say do I have? My tiny donations that I used to give before we moved to FBS.

    I hated the move to FBS....I pulled my donations and association when we pulled that ridiculous move. So here we are, EXACTLY where we deserve to be for making that move.

    You have ruined everything that Erk, Dale and Bucky built. The fun and excitment that it TOOK US YEARS to build has been DESTROYED in 2 years. I am embaressed to be an Eagle fan today, I am disgusted when I think about all the origninal donors (families and friends who BUILT THIS). I am saddened for the legacy left by Erk Russell, Paul Johnson, Dale Lick, Nick Henry, Bucky Wagner...the many families of donors who built this program from nothing, including mine. I am literally sick.

    Please do us all a favor and leave Statesboro. Hopefully we can find that energy that ERK left us. We are Southern...you are not...we care and will come back stronger. However, we need you to go so that we can begin the cleanup process.

    Signed a very SAD and DISAPPOINTED alumni!!
    "You just can't beat Georgia Southern......and you ain't seen nothin yet"
    -Erk Russell
    GATA, Just ONE MORE TIME!

  2. #2

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Quote Originally Posted by gsueaglefan View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I never do this. I mean what is the point. What say do I have? My tiny donations that I used to give before we moved to FBS.

    I hated the move to FBS....I pulled my donations and association when we pulled that ridiculous move. So here we are, EXACTLY where we deserve to be for making that move.

    You have ruined everything that Erk, Dale and Bucky built. The fun and excitment that it TOOK US YEARS to build has been DESTROYED in 2 years. I am embaressed to be an Eagle fan today, I am disgusted when I think about all the origninal donors (families and friends who BUILT THIS). I am saddened for the legacy left by Erk Russell, Paul Johnson, Dale Lick, Nick Henry, Bucky Wagner...the many families of donors who built this program from nothing, including mine. I am literally sick.

    Please do us all a favor and leave Statesboro. Hopefully we can find that energy that ERK left us. We are Southern...you are not...we care and will come back stronger. However, we need you to go so that we can begin the cleanup process.

    Signed a very SAD and DISAPPOINTED alumni!!
    We were 18-7 in FBS with a conference title and a bowl victory over the MAC champions before making a bad hire. This is not some kind of going to FBS mistake retribution. We have showed we can compete at this level and we will again. I guess Erk's spirit would have been ok with us watching App and GA State move to the sun belt without us so we could still win national championships at a lower level. It's bad, but it's not that bad.

  3. #3

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    We were 18-7 in FBS with a conference title and a bowl victory over the MAC champions before making a bad hire. This is not some kind of going to FBS mistake retribution. We have showed we can compete at this level and we will again. I guess Erk's spirit would have been ok with us watching App and GA State move to the sun belt without us so we could still win national championships at a lower level. It's bad, but it's not that bad.
    You are right....I am just overly frustrated and literally sick in my stomach over this start.
    "You just can't beat Georgia Southern......and you ain't seen nothin yet"
    -Erk Russell
    GATA, Just ONE MORE TIME!

  4. #4

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Nothing wrong was done by moving to FBS.

    The wrong move was hiring the coach that was chosen.

    It's really simple, actually.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  5. #5

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Quote Originally Posted by gsueaglefan View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I never do this. I mean what is the point. What say do I have? My tiny donations that I used to give before we moved to FBS.

    I hated the move to FBS....I pulled my donations and association when we pulled that ridiculous move. So here we are, EXACTLY where we deserve to be for making that move.

    You have ruined everything that Erk, Dale and Bucky built. The fun and excitment that it TOOK US YEARS to build has been DESTROYED in 2 years. I am embaressed to be an Eagle fan today, I am disgusted when I think about all the origninal donors (families and friends who BUILT THIS). I am saddened for the legacy left by Erk Russell, Paul Johnson, Dale Lick, Nick Henry, Bucky Wagner...the many families of donors who built this program from nothing, including mine. I am literally sick.

    Please do us all a favor and leave Statesboro. Hopefully we can find that energy that ERK left us. We are Southern...you are not...we care and will come back stronger. However, we need you to go so that we can begin the cleanup process.

    Signed a very SAD and DISAPPOINTED alumni!!
    Erk wanted to move to the highest level of football soooooooo. This is one bad coach got back to sleep and catch a Mercer game. Also not sure but that was not a letter to TK or TS it was a message board post. Do like I just did and send an email to the athletic director and Pres. Try to leave out hyperbole and the over dramatics hokey stuff.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  6. #6

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    I'm finding it hard to reconcile the "I pulled my donations and association when we moved to FBS" part of the OP with the "we care and will come back stronger" part.
    Once won an argument with half

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

  7. #7

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I'm finding it hard to reconcile the "I pulled my donations and association when we moved to FBS" part of the OP with the "we care and will come back stronger" part.
    Nice catch, You turn your back on the program then come back to throw rocks at it.....

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  8. Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I'm finding it hard to reconcile the "I pulled my donations and association when we moved to FBS" part of the OP with the "we care and will come back stronger" part.
    Not to mention the OP had not posted here since December 2011. Seems he bailed on the program nearly 6 years ago and came back just to trash it.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

  9. #9

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Nice catch, You turn your back on the program then come back to throw rocks at it.....
    That is why I quit coming on this board too....you can't have an opinion without getting blasted. I have and will give plenty of $$ to OUR program...I am just not happen with the direction at the moment....my choice!

    My only points were: FIRE SUMMERS AND TK....THEY DESTROYED EVERYTHING THAT WE BUILT.
    "You just can't beat Georgia Southern......and you ain't seen nothin yet"
    -Erk Russell
    GATA, Just ONE MORE TIME!

  10. #10

    Default Re: My Letter to TK and TS. Erk's Spirit is gone....

    Quote Originally Posted by gsueaglefan View Post
    That is why I quit coming on this board too....you can't have an opinion without getting blasted. I have and will give plenty of $$ to OUR program...I am just not happen with the direction at the moment....my choice!

    My only points were: FIRE SUMMERS AND TK....THEY DESTROYED EVERYTHING THAT WE BUILT.
    I agree with most of what you posted.

    I especially agree that there is a vocal minority on here that pounce on anybody with a dissenting opinion.

Similar Threads

  1. Spirit Band
    By EagleBeast in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13th September 2011, 05:02 PM
  2. Where's the TEAM spirit!!
    By FIFTEENANDO in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th November 2009, 07:23 PM
  3. Appy Holiday Spirit
    By gsufanatic in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th December 2008, 08:13 AM
  4. Spirit and traditions job
    By swat_gsu in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2nd October 2008, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •