SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Think about this . . .

Default Think about this . . .

UF didn't even fire Muschamp after losing to a pathetic team that went .500 in a second-tier FCS conference.

Does anyone think we've played a game from which "lead pipe lock" conclusions can be drawn about what will happen in league play?

There's a whole lot of season left. The Cook experiment has just gotten underway. I don't see how waiting this one out hurts the program.

Unless, of course, our short-sighted fanbase continues to pile on and makes this thing worse than it already is.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

2. Default Re: Think about this . . .

No, he got fired very shortly after losing to an FCS team. Just saying..

Default Re: Think about this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    No, he got fired very shortly after losing to an FCS team. Just saying..
    Actually he got fired toward the end of the next season.

4. Default Re: Think about this . . .

Weren't we their last game? He coached what, 7 or 8 more games? Of course, UF has mountains of money and fire who they want, when they want..

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Weren't we their last game? He coached what, 7 or 8 more games? Of course, UF has mountains of money and fire who they want, when they want..
    They played FSU after us.

He wasn't fired until after the UGA game the next season. I think he was fired 4 games from the end or something like that.

In fact I was beyond pissed at him because he beat UGA and we needed them to lose more games to have an attempt at a bowl that year (2014).

6. Default Re: Think about this . . .

Either way, it was less than a season from playing us. I'm fairly certain our game is what unlocked the front door before they tossed him out.

7. Default Re: Think about this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    UF didn't even fire Muschamp after losing to a pathetic team that went .500 in a second-tier FCS conference.

Does anyone think we've played a game from which "lead pipe lock" conclusions can be drawn about what will happen in league play?

There's a whole lot of season left. The Cook experiment has just gotten underway. I don't see how waiting this one out hurts the program.

Unless, of course, our short-sighted fanbase continues to pile on and makes this thing worse than it already is.
    Riddle me this... if the "Cook experiment" is what will undoubtedly be our best chance to salvage this season, what is the benefit of retaining TS? Genuine question, not trying to start something.

8. Default Re: Think about this . . .

Would also be curious, especially given how specific he was about the length of his contract... I want so bad for his plans to work out. I wonder if it opens the door to either 1) a discount to retain him if/when TS gets fired after this season or 2) an excuse to keep him on board to give Cook more time. Option 1) sounds less expensive than wiping the entire slate clean on top of eating the rest of his contract and those of our coordinators.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Riddle me this... if the "Cook experiment" is what will undoubtedly be our best chance to salvage this season, what is the benefit of retaining TS? Genuine question, not trying to start something.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

To be fair, Muschamp reached a major bowl game in (I think) 2012. They've also had some pretty hellacious injuries that season.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    You want Cook as the interim? I don't know how that helps anything. He's already struggling to implement the offense as it is.

Maybe if we're 0-6 and want to audition him as HC, but Cook is almost certainly going down with the ship considering the role his offense has played in losing the first two games.

Patience is a virtue. Even if we need a change, there's really no point in doing it now.

I mean, we've played two meaningless exhibition games.

Does anyone think we'd have started 2002, 2005, or 2010 any better than we've started 2017?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown