SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Think about this . . .

Default Re: Think about this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    To be fair, Muschamp reached a major bowl game in (I think) 2012. They've also had some pretty hellacious injuries that season.
    They were also UF. We're not.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

2. Default Re: Think about this . . .

That's the thing about FCS games. It's an exhibition until you lose one. Seeing how that went, Indiana will be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    That's the thing about FCS games. It's an exhibition until you lose one. Seeing how that went, Indiana will be lovely.
    At least we'll have a "normal" travel week and the excitement of playing a Big Ten team.

That can't be any worse than the situation we dealt with for the UNH game.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

4. Default Re: Think about this . . .

I agree with Pete. This season blows so far...but getting rid of CTS right now does us absolutely no good. After the season? Sure.

We might as well just strap in and enjoy this inevitable 0-12 season. There's always the unlikely chance we could magically turn it around (see App 2014 and Ark State 2016).

I won't hold my breath though.

5. Default Re: Think about this . . .

The situation can't be worse but the score might.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I agree with Pete. This season blows so far...but getting rid of CTS right now does us absolutely no good. After the season? Sure.

We might as well just strap in and enjoy this inevitable 0-12 season. There's always the unlikely chance we could magically turn it around (see App 2014 and Ark State 2016).

I won't hold my breath though.
    I'm going with 3-9 because I think the offense will get better.

If we go 3-9 and leave a full squad of starters for our next coach (who'll bring a spread option offense), we could theoretically turn things around right away.
    Last edited by pete4256; 11th September 2017 at 05:43 PM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

7. Default Re: Think about this . . .

Tell Jay Bowdrey's mother that Saturday's game was meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    Tell Jay Bowdrey's mother that Saturday's game was meaningless.
    She would probably agree. In the grand scheme of things his health is all that matters, and the game is meaningless in that context. As long as he's ok, who really cares about the winning or losing.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle12 View Post
    She would probably agree. In the grand scheme of things his health is all that matters, and the game is meaningless in that context. As long as he's ok, who really cares about the winning or losing.
    Yep.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    UF didn't even fire Muschamp after losing to a pathetic team that went .500 in a second-tier FCS conference.

Does anyone think we've played a game from which "lead pipe lock" conclusions can be drawn about what will happen in league play?

There's a whole lot of season left. The Cook experiment has just gotten underway. I don't see how waiting this one out hurts the program.

Unless, of course, our short-sighted fanbase continues to pile on and makes this thing worse than it already is.
    Considering how CTS "handled" the fanbase last year, I see the fanbase getting worse before better. And one win does not make a trend, so it will take a 7-5 type season to do that (I don't see 7-2 in our last nine games). I doubt we'll see old TK in the Tailgate areas anytime this season. I just ask that the fanbase leave TK and CTS families out of this, the guys that take the paycheck are fair game, the families are not. Hang on boys this gonna get ugly and like most in here's college careers on Friday and Saturday night, ugly early.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me