Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Not a chance in hell. We were completely, totally out matched from the opening kick.
    that's right! being in paulson would not have changed that.

Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

I completely, totally agree with Pike. The NH team arrived the NIGHT before the game, had very little rest, etc. Had they stayed on schedule, came to Paulson and arrived with some rest time scheduled in, they would have beaten the brakes off of us. We were outmatched and the ONLY reason we "won" the second half is because they went conservative trying NOT to lose. I honestly think they were in more shock than we were at half time because it wasn't supposed to be this easy.. We had NOTHING for them, and it stood out like a sore thumb.
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I agree with Pete, I think the Paulson crowd would have made a big difference and we likely win. Of course, this is a pretty pointless conversation.
    I didn't say we would "likely" have won, though. I just think we had more of a chance of squeaking it out. Our week was much more out of whack than UNH's. It was a bad situation.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I didn't say we would "likely" have won, though. I just think we had more of a chance of squeaking it out. Our week was much more out of whack than UNH's. It was a bad situation.
    We rode a bus a few hours to a game. (According to the announcers) UNH flew in arriving late into the night before the game because of changed travel plans etc. Sorry, not buying it
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    We rode a bus a few hours to a game. (According to the announcers) UNH flew in arriving late into the night before the game because of changed travel plans etc. Sorry, not buying it
    Again, I'm not making excuses. I'm saying that our chances of winning decreased when the game changed from our home opener to an exhibition game in an empty stadium.

I'm like Nate Silver during the second week of November. There was always a solid chance we'd get beat, and the situation increased that chance.

Ultimately, the UNH game was about as meaningful as the AU game, or the upcoming IU game (or the 2005 opener in front of 500 people in Boston). The real season starts in October.
    Last edited by pete4256; 14th September 2017 at 09:48 AM.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

6. Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

All the rest in the world won't do a thing when your HC doesn't know option offense from the hole in his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    You're right, but he did turn down twice what we are paying him to come coach at GA Southern. That's a fact.
    Now I question his smarts more than ever!