Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

I'll just point out that we have five new starters in our front seven (I'm not sure if Sapp started Saturday), with one of those starters (Hunt) playing an entirely new position.

I'm not sure we should have expected to have an identity on defense two games in.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

2. Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

Should have had our offense and defense identity clarified and solidified at the end of spring practice . Any additional surprises in Fall add pieces to the puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I'll just point out that we have five new starters in our front seven (I'm not sure if Sapp started Saturday), with one of those starters (Hunt) playing an entirely new position.

I'm not sure we should have expected to have an identity on defense two games in.
    But we should have had a defense that looked like we at least had an idea of what UNH was going to do. We were not even close to being prepared for them. I have NEVER said this on this board, this is a first for me, WE WERE DRASTICALLY OUTCOACHED vs UNH. So disgusted in the defensive unit I turned the game off at half time(another first for the Garns).

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Ill say this again, our defense last Saturday looked unprepared, UNH offense went through us like something through a tin horn, we could not stop them, could not stop them......our offense struggled but I half expected that. What I didn't expect was how poorly we played defensively in that first half, it's really unacceptable.
    Game was over once New Hampshire converted 2 after their first touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    But we should have had a defense that looked like we at least had an idea of what UNH was going to do. We were not even close to being prepared for them. I have NEVER said this on this board, this is a first for me, WE WERE DRASTICALLY OUTCOACHED vs UNH. So disgusted in the defensive unit I turned the game off at half time(another first for the Garns).
    I know it's not the first time you've noticed, though.

To me, the biggest disappointment was our tackling. We certainly deserved to lose that game, but I don't understand why we played it at all.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

6. Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

To me, the biggest disappointment was our tackling. We certainly deserved to lose that game, but I don't understand why we played it at all.
    The next person that complains about scheduling Savannah State is getting kicked in the nuts.

Oh and we play Maine next year.

We played it for the almighty bowl eligible win, it was a sure win on our March to 7.

pete, it wasn't just the tackling, we were out of position on so many plays, you had wide receivers so open, screwed up coverage etc.. Just alarming when you think that our HC and DC have all this great experience on the defensive side of the ball, I know our offense continued to struggle but IMO, no excuse for our defense to look so unprepared and flat. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    The next person that complains about scheduling Savannah State is getting kicked in the nuts.

getting time to schedule a D2?(smile)

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

Right after the person that says we need to schedule NDSU.