Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

I am happy knowing we have a 5-9 Loyal head football coach, as I was watching that first half beat down the majority of the "sting of disdain" I was feeling was largely tempered by knowing that CTS is loyal to GS. As my anger over the fact we were embarrassed by a FCS dissipated(as again, I was reflecting on our HC's loyalty), a contented warmness came over me. I reflected on how well UNH was playing, how well prepared they were to play us, a FBS team, the joy that must have been felt in all those young men's hearts. Ah yes, the soothing power of a GS head football coach's loyalty, I will hold it close as our HC and kids head to Indiana. After the 42-10 loss, I will remain at ease knowing in my heart that our 5-10 HC loves GS and above ALL ELSE is loyal. GATA(well maybe GATA, or maybe not)EAGLES. Stay LOYAL my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Here we sit... 0 and 2 on the 2017 campaign with losses to a top tier SEC team and a ranked FCS team. Coming off a 5 and 7 season in 2016, things don't look to be moving in the right direction. And before I get on my soapbox, let me say I'm just as guilty as the rest and I'm talking to myself here as well.

But let's take a look at the truth. Tyson Summers could have walked away after last season. He could have said "Screw it, I'm out." Just like BVG. But instead, he stood by what he said when he was first hired and proved that he is a Georgia Southern man. Tyson Summers is here for the long haul and he isn't going ANYWHERE... no matter how bad it gets. No! Tyson Summers is going to stick by this school, by this program that he loves and was raised to love with all his heart no matter how bad things get. And let me tell you my brothers... oh let me tell you... it's going to get much, much worse before it gets better.

But... have no fear. For at the end of the worst of the worst, Tyson Summers will be there. He will be there to pick you up and lead you into next season... and the next... and the NEXT! Why you might ask, would a coach stick around when things are so bad? It's simple... BECAUSE HE LOVES GEORGIA SOUTHERN! We asked for a coach who wouldn't leave us in 2 or 3 years and we got EXACTLY what we asked for. We got EXACTLY what we deserved. And when it does finally turn around... he will still be here... even after an undefeated season, he will be here... because that's what he promised, that's what we asked for, and that's why he was hired.

So now what? Now what do we do as fans of Georgia Southern Football. Well my brothers and sisters... what we do NOT do is turn against our fellow Eagle. We do not rise up against those who helped bring us exactly what we asked for... No. Instead, we need to join together as family... together as a unified brotherhood of men known as EAGLE NATION and support the man who is giving us the exact thing we wanted. And in doing so, we become a stronger, more solid collective that strikes fear into opposing fanbases each and every week as they see Georgia Southern on the schedule. Because we KNOW that while we may ask for things he may chooseth not to provide them... because he knows the truth. The truth that providing us with more will only take away the very thing we asked for in the first place... for him to stay, for him to be loyal, for him to want to be a Georgia Southern Eagle.

Now ask yourselves. Are you going to so quickly turn on the man who is giving you what you asked for? Are you not loyal to those who are loyal to you? Does this man not deserve our support... or compassion... our assistance to get the job done???

The TRUTH lies in only one question... a question you have to ask yourself. Do you want to win or do you want stability? Now ask yourself, what are you willing to do to make it happen? Are you willing to do anything and everything? Would you sell your soul for it? Would you lie to your wife for it? Would you turn your back on your brothers to achieve it?

And the best part my brothers... the absolute best part is there is no right or wrong answer. No... Right... or... wrong... answer. Because while you can have one or the other, it becomes very difficult to have both. But you can have both... if you make the right decisions... and with that, the time is now to stop the negativity. The time is now to step up, be positive and support each and every young man who steps foot on that battlefield wearing blue and white. These kids need to know in their hearts that it's okay to make a mistake. It's okay to miss a block. It's okay to drop a pass... or miss a tackle... or hit the upright. Because we still love them. We still support them. And we know that they know, they are giving 100% each and every single time they step on the field.

Because at the end of the day, all we ask is that each and every time our coach takes his boys to battle... we expect them to give 100% effort each and every play. We expect them to want to win. We expect our coaches to have a fire in their belly so big that it can not be contained. WE'RE SUPPOSED TO WIN!!!! NOT THEM!!!

On the other hand... maybe you aren't willing to do what is needed. Maybe you prefer to sit back and watch as the very thing you loved and have loved for so many years drifts farther and farther off course.

I can't tell you what to do... and there is not a single, correct answer. The answer will be different for each and every brother who has read this.

For me, all I ask is that everyone involved give 100% From the equipment managers to the guys who pick up the cups at the stadium. Security, announcers, members of the athletic department,the players... AND the coaches. Give me your absolute best each and every play, in practice and in the games. Show me that, and I won't care what the scoreboard says...

Because the score will take care of itself.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^THIS BVLL****^^^^^^^^^^^
    CLASS OF '92
    B.S. Criminal Justice

3. Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

whatever you're on, 2 things are certain - 1) it's illegal and 2) you've had too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Here we sit... 0 and 2 on the 2017 campaign with losses to a top tier SEC team and a ranked FCS team. Coming off a 5 and 7 season in 2016, things don't look to be moving in the right direction. And before I get on my soapbox, let me say I'm just as guilty as the rest and I'm talking to myself here as well.

But let's take a look at the truth. Tyson Summers could have walked away after last season. He could have said "Screw it, I'm out." Just like BVG. But instead, he stood by what he said when he was first hired and proved that he is a Georgia Southern man. Tyson Summers is here for the long haul and he isn't going ANYWHERE... no matter how bad it gets. No! Tyson Summers is going to stick by this school, by this program that he loves and was raised to love with all his heart no matter how bad things get. And let me tell you my brothers... oh let me tell you... it's going to get much, much worse before it gets better.

But... have no fear. For at the end of the worst of the worst, Tyson Summers will be there. He will be there to pick you up and lead you into next season... and the next... and the NEXT! Why you might ask, would a coach stick around when things are so bad? It's simple... BECAUSE HE LOVES GEORGIA SOUTHERN! We asked for a coach who wouldn't leave us in 2 or 3 years and we got EXACTLY what we asked for. We got EXACTLY what we deserved. And when it does finally turn around... he will still be here... even after an undefeated season, he will be here... because that's what he promised, that's what we asked for, and that's why he was hired.

So now what? Now what do we do as fans of Georgia Southern Football. Well my brothers and sisters... what we do NOT do is turn against our fellow Eagle. We do not rise up against those who helped bring us exactly what we asked for... No. Instead, we need to join together as family... together as a unified brotherhood of men known as EAGLE NATION and support the man who is giving us the exact thing we wanted. And in doing so, we become a stronger, more solid collective that strikes fear into opposing fanbases each and every week as they see Georgia Southern on the schedule. Because we KNOW that while we may ask for things he may chooseth not to provide them... because he knows the truth. The truth that providing us with more will only take away the very thing we asked for in the first place... for him to stay, for him to be loyal, for him to want to be a Georgia Southern Eagle.

Now ask yourselves. Are you going to so quickly turn on the man who is giving you what you asked for? Are you not loyal to those who are loyal to you? Does this man not deserve our support... or compassion... our assistance to get the job done???

The TRUTH lies in only one question... a question you have to ask yourself. Do you want to win or do you want stability? Now ask yourself, what are you willing to do to make it happen? Are you willing to do anything and everything? Would you sell your soul for it? Would you lie to your wife for it? Would you turn your back on your brothers to achieve it?

And the best part my brothers... the absolute best part is there is no right or wrong answer. No... Right... or... wrong... answer. Because while you can have one or the other, it becomes very difficult to have both. But you can have both... if you make the right decisions... and with that, the time is now to stop the negativity. The time is now to step up, be positive and support each and every young man who steps foot on that battlefield wearing blue and white. These kids need to know in their hearts that it's okay to make a mistake. It's okay to miss a block. It's okay to drop a pass... or miss a tackle... or hit the upright. Because we still love them. We still support them. And we know that they know, they are giving 100% each and every single time they step on the field.

Because at the end of the day, all we ask is that each and every time our coach takes his boys to battle... we expect them to give 100% effort each and every play. We expect them to want to win. We expect our coaches to have a fire in their belly so big that it can not be contained. WE'RE SUPPOSED TO WIN!!!! NOT THEM!!!

On the other hand... maybe you aren't willing to do what is needed. Maybe you prefer to sit back and watch as the very thing you loved and have loved for so many years drifts farther and farther off course.

I can't tell you what to do... and there is not a single, correct answer. The answer will be different for each and every brother who has read this.

For me, all I ask is that everyone involved give 100% From the equipment managers to the guys who pick up the cups at the stadium. Security, announcers, members of the athletic department,the players... AND the coaches. Give me your absolute best each and every play, in practice and in the games. Show me that, and I won't care what the scoreboard says...

Because the score will take care of itself.

Do you guys realize the amount of momentum this coach has killed? I don't hear anyone talking about Georgia Southern football anymore. It's plain and simple, Tyson has to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by GangsterGUS View Post
    Do you guys realize the amount of momentum this coach has killed? I don't hear anyone talking about Georgia Southern football anymore. It's plain and simple, Tyson has to leave.
    What are you talking about? I have seen PLENTY of sports writers talking about GS this pas weekend. We were even in a USA Today article...

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    What are you talking about? I have seen PLENTY of sports writers talking about GS this pas weekend. We were even in a USA Today article...

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    I've seen several people who cover college football NATIONALLY talking about how it's a travesty what has happened to us.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

I don't doubt he's a loyal GS guy, never have. BUT- if UGA offered him 4 million bucks to come to Athens you bet your skivvies he gone. So I'm not really sure what this post is about Pike.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I've seen several people who cover college football NATIONALLY talking about how it's a travesty what has happened to us.
    I think this is heavy sarcasm.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I don't doubt he's a loyal GS guy, never have. BUT- if UGA offered him 4 million bucks to come to Athens you bet your skivvies he gone. So I'm not really sure what this post is about Pike.
    You're right, but he did turn down twice what we are paying him to come coach at GA Southern. That's a fact.