SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

Sure, we'd all love to have a coach that sticks around for more than just a couple seasons. But I haven't met anyone who would rather have a poorly performing coach than winning and having our guys poached by P5s. That's just something we're gonna have to deal with for a while. For where we stand right now, having bigger programs pick up our coaches means we're doing something right as a program. CTS said when he was hired that he wants to be here a long time, and that's great. However, we can't continue down this path. You aren't gonna stick around for long at Georgia Southern with a .357 win percentage. If he wants to stick around for longer, he's gotta find a way to turn things around quickly. He's already being given more time than past coaches have. He's the only coach to return after a losing season. Yes, some of the others left for different reasons, but the fact still remains the same.

For the record, I like CTS. I think he's genuinely a good guy. But being a good guy doesn't win you football games, and that's kind of a big part of the job. He'll get picked up by another school as a coordinator. One day I do think he can be a good head coach. Now just isn't the time, and this isn't the place.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    You're right, but he did turn down twice what we are paying him to come coach at GA Southern. That's a fact.
    If that is a fact, that could be viewed with concern, you know, his decision making process. But he's loyal, true blue and after Pike's post, I'm at peace.

He's here for the long haul because no one WILL hire him.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

4. Default Re: The TRUTH and how we start winning...

Personally, I think this is a great place for young coaches to move up in their career, and there are many potentially great coaches waiting for an opportunity. I accept this and embrace it, because if they are successful then we are successful. There are probably really good coaches at Auburn, UGA, UA and other places just waiting for a chance to be the HC here or somewhere, and when it doesn't work out we need to say thanks for the memories and move on to the next one just like the ones who are successful say that when they move on. I think to much emphasis is put on a coaches longevity, more often than not they overstay their welcome and end up by being pushed out after initially doing well then fading... ie Mark Richt.

I'd rather have coaches that leave after 2 years because they've been hired away for much more money than have a coach that is here for 3 or 4 years and doesn't get a contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    He's here for the long haul because no one WILL hire him.
    Oh and 500K a year helps with a current 900K buyout. BVG was probably making half of what CTS is making and probably got paid a lot more going to the Falcons. We apparently are in the bargaining stage of grief based on the OP.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Oh and 500K a year helps with a current 900K buyout. BVG was probably making half of what CTS is making and probably got paid a lot more going to the Falcons. We apparently are in the bargaining stage of grief based on the OP.
    +1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    The good news is the buyout is down to $700k and is reducing $25k each month.

This isn't to you, but I don't believe he turned down twice the money to come to Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    The good news is the buyout is down to $700k and is reducing $25k each month.

This isn't to you, but I don't believe he turned down twice the money to come to Southern.
    The problem with that is now we're on the hook with Cook (i laughed) for $250k next year.

Make TK knew what he was doing after all.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    The problem with that is now we're on the hook with Cook (i laughed) for $250k next year.

Make TK knew what he was doing after all.
    Therein, lies a new problem. If we were to pull the trigger on CTS, a new HC would probably have to take on CBC.

It's such a mess that I think the only way that CTS is removed is if CBC becomes the head coach. Quite frankly, CBC shoulders just as much responsibility for this 0-2 dumpster fire as CTS.