SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What if we hired Dell?

Default Re: What if we hired Dell?

Dell would have been 100x better than Summers.
    CLASS OF '92
    B.S. Criminal Justice

I still cant wrap my head around the obsession with Dell his resume was worse than Summers and he did not do much coaching in that bowl game we had the entire staff just no Fritz. The OC was higher on the totem poll than him, Fritz threw him a bone and the OC stayed in the booth where he was most needed.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

All we heard about last year was complaints about "high school coaches", yet with Dell people are touting that he has head coaching experience because he coached a HIGH SCHOOL. He may be a great guy, but his resume does not look anything like what a head coach at Georgia Southern should. That's all we hear about CTS, "his resume inhales vigorously", "he has no experience", etc. But yet some are clamoring over a guy with a worse resume than CTS' like he's the next coming of Erk himself.... I don't get it. Could he have done any worse than CTS, doubtful. But what makes anyone think it would be any better?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    My question is why we didn't hire Brian Bohannon. He's still available.
    Maybe we hadn't seen enough of him at that time, but I think he'd be a good hire now.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    My question is why we didn't hire Brian Bohannon. He's still available.
    If he wins the Big South this year I am on board. The resume is legit just want to see another year of winning as a HC, he has beat a lot of warm body FCS and DIV II which is not nothing be has not beat one team of note that I have seen yet. 1-1 so far this year with a loss to Samford.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If he wins the Big South this year I am on board. The resume is legit just want to see another year of winning as a HC, he has beat a lot of warm body FCS and DIV II which is not nothing be has not beat one team of note that I have seen yet. 1-1 so far this year with a loss to Samford.
    Yeah, I'm not completely sold on him at this point, but in the future he might prove himself.

Personally, I would pick Brent Thompson before Jasper or Bohannon.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Any coaching search right now starts with Mike Houston. Hopefully it would end there too, but if somebody else is able to snag him then we start looking at the Brent Thompson, Chadwell, Jasper, Bohannon, etc of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: What if we hired Dell?

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Georgia Southern cannot afford to hire anybody that hasn't called a timeout at the college level.
    That's a great way of putting it.

9. Default Re: What if we hired Dell?

I forgot that Hugh Freeze, Guz Malzahn, and Art Briles had such lengthy college coaching resumes..... Oh wait, they didn't and have had a ton of success. Briles and Freeze did before they were fired. Dell McGee played in the NFL too, but, I guess, that experience doesn't matter either. All the aforementioned guys were successful HS HC's as was Dell. My intuition tells me that if Dell were at the helm we'd still be having the same success we did under Fritz. It's all speculation, but we can all agree Summers is awful.

10. Default Re: What if we hired Dell?

Any coaching search right now starts with Mike Houston. Hopefully it would end there too, but if somebody else is able to snag him then we start looking at the Brent Thompson, Chadwell, Jasper, Bohannon, etc of the world.
    I like your list!