Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

1. Default I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

As my thread title says, I am a Georgia Southern Eagle fan. I am not a football coach, nor am I an athletics administrator. Frankly, I would not want to be. My wife and I support Georgia Southern athletics with our finances and our attendance. We have reveled in the tremendous success of our programs, and we have lamented the lack of success during the lean years. That support will not ever change. I was not one of those who favored the move to the FBS level, although I did see some benefits to the university as a whole in that move. As Forrest Gump said, "I'm not a smart man", but there are some things that I do know to be reality.

*We are now members of the FBS Sunbelt Conference, and that is not likely to change. With our meager financial budget in comparison to other schools at that level, we will not likely ever play for any kind of national championship again. For me, as a realistic observer, winning our conference, occasionally defeating a Power 5 team, and winning a bowl game is as good as it will get. It is a virtual certainty that Georgia Southern University will NEVER return to the national prominence that it once held. That decision was made the day that signatures guided our athletics programs to the FBS level. To believe otherwise is simply the dreaming of the militantly ignorant.

*Coach Tyson Summers and Athletic Director Tom Kleinlein are our current leaders, and, as such, they should be permitted to do the job they are paid to do. I read a lot on these boards that criticizes these men, and, while I understand the frustration and the nature of Southern football fandom, with all due respect, there is not one person who is writing the criticisms who has the credentials to question the work these men are doing. I did not think that the CTS hire was the best decision, but I also did not think that the Donald Trump hire was either. Both men, however, are in a position of leadership, and both will be given my support until they are removed from their respective office through appropriate means. I have a vote in the national election, and I will utilize it when the time comes. I "vote" with respect to Georgia Southern athletics with my financial and attendance support. I will continue to support all aspects of our program. If you do not feel it possible to do so, I urge you to take the steps you feel necessary to "vote" for a change in leadership. By withholding your funds and your attendance support, you will present your "vote". Frankly, no opinion you express will make any difference whatever. It may make you feel better, but that is the only true effect it will have.

*Anyone who truly believes that CTS and TK are satisfied with the current results is simply wrong, and there can be no reasoning with you.

*Those who post on this board have First Amendment rights, and it is permissible to wax eloquent in any manner you desire. As for me, my family, and my friends, we will continue to support the programs we love in the same manner we have for years and years. I would only ask you to realize that the vocal ramblings of many fans on this site do not serve to build unity and support the young men and women who wear the blue and white. Rather, they seek to divide and diminish the values which have been held dear to Georgia Southern supporters through the years.

Default Re: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

First Amendment rights do not apply to a message board. E22 is God and Emperor of this space and if he dictates that the only post we're ever allowed to say is "Yes" then that's the rules.

First Amendment rights only prevent you from being acted on by the government. We can be censored on this board as it is privately owned. E22 is very lenient and allows a lot more conversation/debate/griping that most would though.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

4. Default Re: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

My vote is cast.

Not one more dime until we have a new HC.

I gave things another chance with my season tickets this season. TS already blew hell out of that.

Dollars matter more than our gripes. If they ignored my gripes last season, they can pretend my purchases don't matter. Sooner or later, they will wake up.

How do I delete someone else's thread

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    How do I delete someone else's thread
    Easy.....discuss chicken joints, opie, skins, politics or religion. No ! No ! I'm sorry 22, I didn't mean to say that....Valleyboy made me do it.....the hotties are gone....I...I...can't discuss NASCAR....I...I...put sugar on my grits this morning and went nutzo....I abstained from abstinence and I couldn't handle it......I....I... oh, no....don't BAN me......

7. Default Re: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

Well, this is definitely a thing.

Well, this thread is actually refreshing. It's nice to see someone blindly supporting the team, rather than the 19th thread of the week trashing our team, staff, and AD. It's also nice to see a long post that doesn't use the word "carpetbagger" more times than Gone With The Wind.

10. Default Re: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

When we are 0-12 at the end of this season I'm sure someone will post how Tyson Summers wants to win because he loves Heorgia Southern and all he needs is time.