Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

1. Default Re: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. It's actually a form of therapy for me. I wish I had time to write more but my parole officer keeps a tighter rein these days after one of his other clients got caught pinkballing a mannequin at a shopping mall.
    I think we need to hear alot more from you (short novels) the way this season is going😎

Default Re: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Wow! Guys this is sad. BrookletEagle, a long time supporter of the program, comes on here and makes a rational, somewhat diplomatic post on his thoughts and feelings. He doesn't shout, scream, curse, name call, or try to tell anyone how they should think or do (well there was one small exception). He expresses his own thoughts about how he and his wife will continue to support the University...nothing more, nothing less. And some of you pounce on him like a pack of wolves? You would have thought Ben Moore had come on here to give us a lecture. The man deserves a little more respect.
    He is going to be chastised for the way he used "first amendment rights", though we all knew what he meant? He is going to be told to quit posting? You want to delete his thread?
    Yes, we are all upset, pissed, confused, heartbroken, dismayed, sad, mad, irritated...and a host of other adjectives to describe our frustrations, but let's not eat our own...especially a good man like BE. Disagree with him? Certainly, but respectfully. Here, I'll give an example...

BE, I disagree with you about "national prominence". I don't think FCS football has any national attention whatsoever anymore. I think FCS is what used to be Division II years ago. I believe a university will get much more attention at the G-5 level by winning a pedestrian bowl game than they would by winning the NC at the FCS level. I am personally very thankful we moved up to FBS.

Now I will wait for you to eat me alive....
    Hildabeast, CTS, AND TK supporter. That about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by feardaeagle View Post
    Hildabeast, CTS, AND TK supporter. That about sums it up.
    Who are you referring to? If it's BrookletEagle you obviously don't know anything about him. His post was more about the process than the people involved.

4. Default Re: I AM A GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE FAN

A few musings:

1. Anytime the First Amendment is used in a post, I cringe. 99.9999999999999% of the time the poster who mentions the 1A does not even understand what it says......Hence, the rest of the post is cast in a shadow of doubt.

2. I'm all for supporting my school, BUT.....As long as I am giving money, I'll respectfully criticize as I see fit.

I'll say this again, P5 programs are "the new" D1A's, G5's are the new D1AA's. If that hurts anyone's ego, I'm sorry. I also still think that eventually there will be a G5 playoff, just like our current P5 playoff.

Easy.....discuss chicken joints, opie, skins, politics or religion. No ! No ! I'm sorry 22, I didn't mean to say that....Valleyboy made me do it.....the hotties are gone....I...I...can't discuss NASCAR....I...I...put sugar on my grits this morning and went nutzo....I abstained from abstinence and I couldn't handle it......I....I... oh, no....don't BAN me......
    Hey leave me out of this. You just have to know how to correctly discuss chicken joints. Just wait till ValleyBoy brings up the subject of Beach Chicken joints.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Easy.....discuss chicken joints, opie, skins, politics or religion. No ! No ! I'm sorry 22, I didn't mean to say that....Valleyboy made me do it.....the hotties are gone....I...I...can't discuss NASCAR....I...I...put sugar on my grits this morning and went nutzo....I abstained from abstinence and I couldn't handle it......I....I... oh, no....don't BAN me......
    Poor Rufus
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by BrookletEagle View Post
    It is a virtual certainty that Georgia Southern University will NEVER return to the national prominence that it once held.

Can I just point out that GS was never a "nationally prominent team/school". Maybe in our world and in the FCS world we did, but never true national prominence. We were as nationally prominent then as NDSU is now, and they've even had college gameday at their place. But still ask your general football fan, and they will say that NDSU is a "good little DII team".