SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Make GS Football Great Again Challenge

Default The Make GS Football Great Again Challenge

So here's the deal. I've gotten a ton of flack for my recent post and also because I did not renew my season tickets or parking this year. I've said over and over that retaining Coach Summers was not the reason, but that doesn't seem to matter. Water under the bridge, I have my reasons and I'm perfectly fine with them.

With that said, I'm issuing a challenge to myself, my fellow Eagle fans, and basically to the coaches to turn this thing around.

There are 10 games left... For every game we win over 5 games, I will donate $100 to the athletic department. This means if we win 5 games, I donate nothing. If they win 6 games, I will donate $600. $700 for 7 wins and so on. I'll add a $500 kicker if we win a bowl game this season. With 10 games remaining, plus a bowl, the opportunity is there for $1500 from me.

That's the challenge and I will stand behind it. So who else is willing to join me? Anyone? If we get a minimum of 10 people, that's an opportunity at $15,000.

I'll also do a side bet... if we beat Indiana, I'll donate $100 immediately and it will not count towards the total.

Anyone else willing to step up?
    [IMG][/IMG]

2. Default Re: The Make GS Football Great Again Challenge

Can't buy success. Got to earn it the hard and honorable way. If you want to contribute or not fine thats okay but don't try and set up a charity.

Default Re: The Make GS Football Great Again Challenge

Give your money blindly. That's the GS way
    Last edited by oldfart; 12th September 2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    So here's the deal. I've gotten a ton of flack for my recent post and also because I did not renew my season tickets or parking this year. I've said over and over that retaining Coach Summers was not the reason, but that doesn't seem to matter. Water under the bridge, I have my reasons and I'm perfectly fine with them.

With that said, I'm issuing a challenge to myself, my fellow Eagle fans, and basically to the coaches to turn this thing around.

There are 10 games left... For every game we win over 5 games, I will donate $100 to the athletic department. This means if we win 5 games, I donate nothing. If they win 6 games, I will donate $600. $700 for 7 wins and so on. I'll add a $500 kicker if we win a bowl game this season. With 10 games remaining, plus a bowl, the opportunity is there for $1500 from me.

That's the challenge and I will stand behind it. So who else is willing to join me? Anyone? If we get a minimum of 10 people, that's an opportunity at $15,000.

I'll also do a side bet... if we beat Indiana, I'll donate $100 immediately and it will not count towards the total.

Anyone else willing to step up?
    JEEZ........Step aside

5. Default Re: The Make GS Football Great Again Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Give your money blindly. That's the GS way
    SO true!

Interesting, from the way I hear some tell it, I thought the GS way was giving nothing and becoming irate when things don't go the way you want them to go or the program is unsuccessful. And/or giving bologna money and expecting filet mignon in return.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

7. Default Re: The Make GS Football Great Again Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    Interesting, from the way I hear some tell it, I thought the GS way was giving nothing and becoming irate when things don't go the way you want them to go or the program is unsuccessful. And/or giving bologna money and expecting filet mignon in return.
    No risk of us beating Indiana or even winning 5 games.

The larger point about money.

We have to make smarter decisions. 300k per year ain't chump change. I think we could have found someone with experience for that price. If not, why on Earth did we grant a 4 year contract with large buyouts? Why not a 2 year with large bonuses and small buyout?

Whomever TK is getting to write these contracts is an idiot. We lost our ***** when Fritz bailed. Any competent lawyer would never have allowed a stipulation in a contract like that.

I think TK will need to leave before this gets fixed. Fritz was a great hire with an awful contract. Summers was an awful hire with another awful contract. Incompetence in contracts is killing us. And we all know where those terms come from.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

We have to make smarter decisions. 300k per year ain't chump change. I think we could have found someone with experience for that price. If not, why on Earth did we grant a 4 year contract with large buyouts? Why not a 2 year with large bonuses and small buyout?

Whomever TK is getting to write these contracts is an idiot. We lost our ***** when Fritz bailed. Any competent lawyer would never have allowed a stipulation in a contract like that.

I think TK will need to leave before this gets fixed. Fritz was a great hire with an awful contract. Summers was an awful hire with another awful contract. Incompetence in contracts is killing us. And we all know where those terms come from.
    Fritz buy out clause was an anomaly because neither TK nor Dr Keel expected either of themselves to leave anytime soon. When Dr Keel got offered his dream job we got the short end of the deal. It was a risk and we lost. I don't understand why or how TS got a guaranteed four year deal from the state seeing that up until then all state contracts were only one year (Richt and Smart included). But regardless of that the contracts were always guaranteed by the AF and therefore it really didn't change anything. There were always four years of guarantee and they auto re-upped if you won 7 games. Whether it's a state guarantee or an AF guarantee, it's still the same guarantee. No coach has less than a four year guarantee. We ***** because Fritz's buy out was so small and then we ***** because CTS's buy out is so large. You can't have it both ways! We can't win either way. If we want them to stay they don't, if we don't want them to stay then we pay the buy out. It's not rocket surgery.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I'm already in over 5 grand this season, sorry Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

Easy to say today. I don't think anybody would take issue with TS contract if were Fritz.