SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 0-5 GS @ 0-7 Umass

Default Re: 0-5 GS @ 0-7 Umass

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    Summers has exactly the "special kind of ineptitude" that will lead us to 0-12. I wish it weren't true, but it simply is. It is painfully apparent that players don't believe in him or his cornpone schtick. Hell, even Summers doesn't believe in himself. Watching the corrosive effect of his presence in the program, which has been shocking in its suddenness, sickens me.
    Cornpone schtick. That is great
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    +1. Love that, Tyson's chickens. Running the squirt gun offense (aka Water Pistol formation).
    smh
    Last edited by RobFromNorcross; 17th September 2017 at 01:43 AM. Reason: disgust

Quote Originally Posted by RobFromNorcross View Post
    IMHO There is no worse fan base on the planet than Georgia Southern's. "Tyson's Chickens" is just ridiculous and over the top... but there are many similar examples.

These "super-fans" make fun of coaches, players, schemes and every aspect of the program--- IN PUBLIC.
    They spew hatred of the program-- coaches, players, scheduling, recruiting--- IN PUBLIC.
    They make fun of our losses and attempt to denigrate the team at every opportunity- to show their love for GaSo football--- IN PUBLIC.
    The most vocal "fans" think that they show their super-fan status by proclaiming the highest level of hatred for the program--- IN PUBLIC.
    They think the players have given up, and tell us so repeatedly, but they are just projecting...
    Do these "fans" really think that this TOUGH LOVE program mockery is the way to a better future?
    Will this bring us the coaches, players, recruits that they claim to want?
    Is mockery/abandonment of the program a viable improvement strategy for you geniuses?

These super-fans are the ones who have given up, not the players, coaches who are the target of all the hate.
    Some of these "super-fans" tell us they are no longer donating, or ever going to games, or supporting the program in any meaningful way. Spoiled whiny children...
    And no, it not directed at just the coaches, and not the players. Much vitriol is at the players, the position groups, and the overall program.

These players spend 50 weeks a year on football preparation.
    The players are the most devoted GaSo fans in the entire universe and they want to win every game.
    They are on their third philosophy/scheme in four years.
    They are on their third Offensive and S&C staff in four years, along with the changes that entails.

Like it or not, we are a very young team and football is a team sport.
    (Youngest in the entire FBS with the fewest seniors, with only one player on either side of the ball with more than 6 consecutive starts, plus we have a Freshman QB which often takes time to gel at a new level, but experience is cumulative)

But according to the TRUE BLUE sentiment, the program must be burned to the ground to save it.

Their first home game was interrupted by a double evacuation (first from Statesboro to Birmingham with all their stuff planned for up to a week when Irma was heading East, then a quick decision to head back when Irma shifted towards AL). Not a normal pre-game week for anyone involved...

Then game not in Statesboro, but five hours away played in front of maybe 3k people with no band, no cheerleaders, and a mainly negative fan base (our group needed to move seats twice to get away from the horrible "fan" comments about our GaSo team starting before the game kicked off)

Then, after they went back, school was cancelled most of last week (practice also banned requiring special NCAA override end of week).
    Plus power was out in players apartments when they got back to Statesboro.

I can assure you that the players have not given up.
    Yet many of the most vocal "fans" have decided to take a break in support and wait for better days. And they think the best strategy is to mock the program.

Yet while these Super-Eagles mock and give up to the detriment of the program, they make sure to disparage the team for "giving up". It makes me sad.
    RobFromNorcross, it's good to hear from someone who knows that it is a fact that "the players have not given up". That's something that everybody who's ever supported the program since it restarted needed to hear.

The coaching staff's responsibility is to put all players in positions so they can be successful. This didn't happen last year & hasn't happened this year up to this point. Folks that have seen this done by other coaching staff's in the past are very "sad", too. I'm pretty sure most folks who have a vested interest in the Georgia Southern football program whether they be supporters, fans, or players, expect the coaching staff to find ways to right this ship, quickly. I know I do.

GaSt and Charlotte might be the lowest ranked FBS OOC game ever to be played at the time. However we might surpass them unless we manage to beat NMSU. GaSt is 126 and UNCC is 129 out of 130 teams. This is kind of amazing really.

UMASS is currently 128 and GS is 115 somehow with 7 teams behind us having at least one win. I wonder if setting records counts towards the rivalry trophy.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    GaSt and Charlotte might be the lowest ranked FBS OOC game ever to be played at the time. However we might surpass them unless we manage to beat NMSU. GaSt is 126 and UNCC is 129 out of 130 teams. This is kind of amazing really.

UMASS is currently 128 and GS is 115 somehow with 7 teams behind us having at least one win. I wonder if setting records counts towards the rivalry trophy.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm
    man, that is some seriously ugly stuff you just typed(smile). Who would have ever thought after 14 and 15 we'd be mentioned in the same breath with these bottom dwellers? Kind of sad really.

6. Default Re: 0-5 GS @ 0-7 Umass

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    RobFromNorcross, it's good to hear from someone who knows that it is a fact that "the players have not given up". That's something that everybody who's ever supported the program since it restarted needed to hear.

The coaching staff's responsibility is to put all players in positions so they can be successful. This didn't happen last year & hasn't happened this year up to this point. Folks that have seen this done by other coaching staff's in the past are very "sad", too. I'm pretty sure most folks who have a vested interest in the Georgia Southern football program whether they be supporters, fans, or players, expect the coaching staff to find ways to right this ship, quickly. I know I do.

What happened to RobFromNorcross? I have a few "Erk" comments for him!
    Last edited by GATALoveTheEagles!; 22nd September 2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Remove error.

I know most of you know this, but I'd like to point it out anyway. When VanGorder was here he had a record of 3-8. 5 of those games were decided by 4 points or less. one of those in OT and another in double OT. we easily could have been 8-3. We lost by an avg of 7 points due to the 20 point and 18 point losses to North Dakota State and Wofford. He had a winning record of around 27%.

Last year we lost by an avg of 11. 4 games were in double digits. We had one game where we lost by one. The next two closes games are 6 and 7 points respectively.

This year we are losing at an avg of 22 points. We have lost 9 out of the last 11 games. out of those 9 games we have lost (going back to last year), we are avging losing by 13.4 points.

CTS has a record winning % of 35.7% as of yesterday. If we lose today it will go down to 33%. If we go 0-6 he will have a winning % that is the same as VanGorder.
    Last edited by EagleBlue; 23rd September 2017 at 09:58 AM.

8. Default Re: 0-5 GS @ 0-7 Umass

Quote Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
    I know most of you know this, but I'd like to point it out anyway. When VanGorder was here he had a record of 3-8. 5 of those games were decided by 4 points or less. one of those in OT and another in double OT. we easily could have been 8-3. We lost by an avg of 7 points due to the 20 point and 18 point losses to North Dakota State and Wofford. He had a winning record of around 27%.

Last year we lost by an avg of 11. 4 games were in double digits. We had one game where we lost by one. The next two closes games are 6 and 7 points respectively.

This year we are losing at an avg of 22 points. We have lost 9 out of the last 11 games. out of those 9 games we have lost (going back to last year), we are avging losing by 13.4 points.

CTS has a record winning % of 35.7% as of yesterday. If we lose today it will go down to 33%. If we go 0-6 he will have a winning % that is the same as VanGorder.
    I have a really bad headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    I have a bigger one watching Umass do decent so far in the 1st qtr against Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    with VanGorder we lost but barely. now we are getting it handed to us.