Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power 500

1. Default Power 500

If the buyout in Summers' contract is the reason we can't get rid of him, then maybe the fans need to raise it ourselves. A group of 500 donors of reasonable means could put a big dent in the buyout debt. Just giving $500 each would raise $250,000 towards the buyout, which is almost half of the $600,000 needed to get him out at the end of the year. Surely there are 500 Eagle fans out there who are willing and able to give $500 to salvage the wreck of our head coach's office. I know I would if 499 others agreed and the athletics office would accept.

*sources for buyout figures: https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016...outhern-eagles
    https://hkm.com/football/contracts/tyson-summers/

Default Re: Power 500

Why not just donate to the program then? If people can donate to Fundraiser then they could to the program or school.

3. Default Re: Power 500

Why should the fans be responsible for a coaches buyout? Can TK answer that question?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
    Why not just donate to the program then? If people can donate to Fundraiser then they could to the program or school.
    Because donating to the program doesn't guarantee the results that the OP is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Why should the fans be responsible for a coaches buyout? Can TK answer that question?
    I think the fans thru donations ultimately foot the bill in most facets of the program (or at least that's the general game plan).
    Last edited by EagleNationRising; 13th September 2017 at 01:38 PM.

They usually are and are the ones via the booster clubs that guarantee the bulk of a coaches salary. Mark Richt's pay from the actual university was "only" $399,999 the uga boosters paid the rest. The AD or school does not force the board members to guarantee a coaches salary.

GS agreed to pay him $210K a year.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    Because donating to the program doesn't guarantee the results that the OP is looking for.
    Okay fair enough but I fell like if the program had the money they maybe we wouldn't be in the situation to begin with. Of course that is still assuming its used correctly. Also, the money from the fund raiser has to be giving to someone so where does that go?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
    Okay fair enough but I fell like if the program had the money they maybe we wouldn't be in the situation to begin with. Of course that is still assuming its used correctly. Also, the money from the fund raiser has to be giving to someone so where does that go?
    I get what you're saying...Unless our budget increased to the point where we could pay a coach a 7 figure salary, I think we'd still be in this situation. TK was looking or someone that he could control and that seemingly wouldn't bolt at the first sign of better money (which I don't think he could ever guarantee). And you're right...Indi t know how you can guarantee that the "Power 500" money would actually go to serving the purpose that it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    I think the fans thru donations ultimately foot the bill in most facets of the program (or at least that's the general game plan).

+1000

10. Default Re: Power 500

+1

Nobody asked my opinion about hiring this HC, or about the terms put into the contract, so I will continue to hold my position of irrelevance by not giving more to help mob up the mess... especially when we recently reported a surplus.