SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cook contract guaranteed through February 2019

Default Cook contract guaranteed through February 2019

Hey Y'all it's Haisten from SB Nation. I wrote up a piece about Bryan Cook's contract, which pays him $245,000 per year and is guaranteed through February 2019:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/geor...agles-football

Which means the amount Southern will pay coaches not to coach (I'll leave it to you whether or not to call it a "buyout") is even higher. Perhaps Cook stays on even if Summers goes? Who knows, but these are the numbers.

Default Re: Cook contract guaranteed through February 2019

Bohannon is the guy most likely to work with Cook. I believe they worked together at GT.

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Bohannon is the guy most likely to work with Cook. I believe they worked together at GT.
    Cook was Bohannon's replacement at Tech.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

It's not rocket science, Monday, TK fires CTS. He names Coach Chad the interim HC. CL has been here through CM, CF, and now CS. He is our chief recruiter. Continueity and stability remains, Coach Chad knows all the kids. It would be seamless transition, like I said, to be honest not many folks would even notice, NOR would people be shocked. I'm pretty sure the major comment would be, "Well, 5-7 last year with all those talented Seniors and now just being embarrassed by losing to a poor FCS school........ya, I can see why...." The team, program wouldn't miss a beat. Both coordinators could stay focused on their jobs and we would regain some dignity. Having him stay with his poor motivation skills and this team going anywhere from 0-12 to 4-8 would only breed more discontent and only postpone the inevitable, cut him loose now and see if some level of success can follow with a fresh set of eyes guiding the weakened ship.

5. Default Re: Cook contract guaranteed through February 2019

Would Bohannon leave KSU after starting it 3 seasons ago...would Erk have left GSU after 3? That is the question

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    It's not rocket science, Monday, TK fires CTS. He names Coach Chad the interim HC. CL has been here through CM, CF, and now CS. He is our chief recruiter. Continueity and stability remains, Coach Chad knows all the kids. It would be seamless transition, like I said, to be honest not many folks would even notice, NOR would people be shocked. I'm pretty sure the major comment would be, "Well, 5-7 last year with all those talented Seniors and now just being embarrassed by losing to a poor FCS school........ya, I can see why...." The team, program wouldn't miss a beat. Both coordinators could stay focused on their jobs and we would regain some dignity. Having him stay with his poor motivation skills and this team going anywhere from 0-12 to 4-8 would only breed more discontent and only postpone the inevitable, cut him loose now and see if some level of success can follow with a fresh set of eyes guiding the weakened ship.
    Tyson is not getting fired tomorrow. He would have been fired last week.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Tyson is not getting fired tomorrow. He would have been fired last week.
    Just telling you what I'd do if I was the AD. Keep him through December with minimal improvement while watching the losses pile up, now there is a fun, exciting football season.

Actually I like that plan better.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleinbraselton View Post
    would Erk have left GSU after 3? That is the question
    The answer is Yes.

CCL is a good players coach, can keep recruiting going. All for this.