SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Viewing for IU Saturday

Default Re: Viewing for IU Saturday

610 Direct has Rutgers/Neb scheduled unless y'all know something I don't. Any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    610 Direct has Rutgers/Neb scheduled unless y'all know something I don't. Any insight.
    I dont know Direct but if they have alternate channels like Dish you might check there.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

3. Default Re: Viewing for IU Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I did a bit of research and found both Youtube TV and the Hulu Live TV streaming services both offer the Big Ten Network. Both services are offering a free trial (7 days I think). I was planning to take advantage of the free trial for one of these and then cancel after the game. Then I can try and sync up the GS audio feed to that of the BTN feed so I don't have to hear their announcers.
    Just my 2 cents here.....Hulu Live TV does offer BigTen, but it buffers a lot. I've been streaming with PSVue for about 8 months and it's much more reliable and also offers Big10 network.

RU-Neb is on the main channel

According to http://btn.com/btn-gamefinder/ (Using my zip code in Brunswick....)

DirecTV
    - RUTGERS VS. NEBRASKA: channel 610 or 610 (HD) and BTN2Go
    - GEORGIA SOUTHERN VS. INDIANA: channel 610-1 or 610-1 (HD) and BTN2Go

Dish
    - RUTGERS VS. NEBRASKA: channel 410 or 410 (HD), 405-1 Hopper and BTN2Go
    - GEORGIA SOUTHERN VS. INDIANA: channel 588 or 5441 (HD), 405-2 Hopper and BTN2Go

UVerse
    - RUTGERS VS. NEBRASKA: channel 650 or 1650 (HD) and BTN2Go
    - GEORGIA SOUTHERN VS. INDIANA: channel 691 or 1691 (HD) and BTN2Go

My Comcast/Xfinity has no channel for GS game
    - RUTGERS VS. NEBRASKA: channel 740 or 408 (HD) and BTN2Go
    - GEORGIA SOUTHERN VS. INDIANA: BTN2Go

But choosing random Atlanta Zip (30305) and Comcast/Xfinity does.
    - RUTGERS VS. NEBRASKA: channel 297 or 824 (HD) and BTN2Go
    - GEORGIA SOUTHERN VS. INDIANA: channel 796 and BTN2Go

It looks like BTN2Go will stream it over the internet (since BTN is not ESPN family, it won't be on ESPN3) here https://www.btn2go.com/game/georgia-...na-on-09232017
    Mike Younce
    2001 - Bachelor of Science in Printing Management
    2003 - Master of Technology
    Brunswick, Georgia

5. Default Re: Viewing for IU Saturday

CTS does not want us to see the game so he has made it impossible!

I am flying my personal plane and have 2 seats available due to another friend's wife expecting this weekend. Private message me. I've got the 2 tickets from him. Free.

GONE
    Last edited by GATALoveTheEagles!; 20th September 2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Add comment

Quote Originally Posted by GATALoveTheEagles! View Post
    CTS does not want us to see the game so he has made it impossible!

I am flying my personal plane and have 2 seats available due to another friend's wife expecting this weekend. Private message me. I've got the 2 tickets from him. Free.

GONE
    Would you like to be friends?

One of my few requirements in life is that all my friends have planes so seems like we are a good match.

So cant you just pay for the game or do you have to subscribe to the Big10 network for the day and and unsubscribe the next day?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    So cant you just pay for the game or do you have to subscribe to the Big10 network for the day and and unsubscribe the next day?
    You can't do that, either. You can subscribe to BTN2Go Plus, but it doesn't include the televised programming (like the Indiana game). It mostly offers replays and archives, IIRC.

However, Directv Now appears to have a free 7-day trial, and it offers the Big Ten Network live.

This is what I plan to do. If I have any trouble with the stream on my Roku, I'll just use my TV provider info to stream on my laptop.

I actually got SlingTV specifically for football season, but it looks as though Directv Now may be a better choice (at least in terms of the channels they offer . . . reviews have been unkind to the actual product).
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    You can't do that, either. You can subscribe to BTN2Go Plus, but it doesn't include the televised programming (like the Indiana game). It mostly offers replays and archives, IIRC.

However, Directv Now appears to have a free 7-day trial, and it offers the Big Ten Network live.

This is what I plan to do. If I have any trouble with the stream on my Roku, I'll just use my TV provider info to stream on my laptop.

I actually got SlingTV specifically for football season, but it looks as though Directv Now may be a better choice (at least in terms of the channels they offer . . . reviews have been unkind to the actual product).
    Look into Playstation Vue. Its better than sling, and on par with Direct tv Now in terms of channels. Plus streaming to multiple devices at once and cloud-based dvr. You don't have to have a PlayStation. Any streaming device such as chrome Cast, firestorm, roku, etc. Will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaros View Post
    Look into Playstation Vue. Its better than sling, and on par with Direct tv Now in terms of channels. Plus streaming to multiple devices at once and cloud-based dvr. You don't have to have a PlayStation. Any streaming device such as chrome Cast, firestorm, roku, etc. Will work.
    Oh--you don't have to have a PlayStation? That changes everything.

Thanks for the tip!

(cue Pike)
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown