SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    The split loyalty of our alumni base is probably the leading contributing factor in our inability to hold onto our coaches.
    Money, or the lack thereof, is THE LEADING contributor. Behind that in no specific order is also money for assistant coaches, relationship with the AD, quality of life for the coach and his family in Statesboro versus somewhere else, twenty other things I can't think of, and, then possibly, loyalty of a fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Money, or the lack thereof, is THE LEADING contributor. Behind that in no specific order is also money for assistant coaches, relationship with the AD, quality of life for the coach and his family in Statesboro versus somewhere else, twenty other things I can't think of, and, then possibly, loyalty of a fanbase.
    Loyalty of fanbase = money
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    After re-reading that last paragraph more slowly, I agree. My apologies to Touchdown.

That is the number one problem!

4. Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

That is true, to some degree, but IMO the AD has to do its part just as much as the alumni, to encourage loyalty. Their is a difference in losing and being embarrassed.

Most will stick by the program when/if we are merely hitting a rough patch and losing some hard fought battles. However, when we compound getting blasted by App in our house on national TV, losing to Ga State twice, gaining 78 total yards of offense, losing to an FCS program, being dead last in offensive production, etc. etc. all within 12 months, that is embarrassing. Their is only so much of that embarrassment people can take, especially when their were so many varying levels of "loyalty" to begin with... IMO people are just not going to give more money when they feel they are being embarrassed, and I do not think that falls on the alumni.

- 1000. As with any sample base, 20% of that sample accounts for 80% of its 'value'...simple Pareto analysis tells you this is so. With 80,000 alum, how difficult would it be to get each one to donate $100 a year - that's another $8M to the bottom line. And don't say "if we had a better product more alum would donate and/or buy season tix, etc., etc..." There have been way more good seasons over the past 30 than bad...and I'm not buying the line that teachers don't make enough money to donate. I probably lose $100 in change in various chairs, couches, and car seats over the course of a year. It's less than $2 a week.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    - 1000. As with any sample base, 20% of that sample accounts for 80% of its 'value'...simple Pareto analysis tells you this is so. With 80,000 alum, how difficult would it be to get each one to donate $100 a year - that's another $8M to the bottom line. And don't say "if we had a better product more alum would donate and/or buy season tix, etc., etc..." There have been way more good seasons over the past 30 than bad...and I'm not buying the line that teachers don't make enough money to donate. I probably lose $100 in change in various chairs, couches, and car seats over the course of a year. It's less than $2 a week.
    I would be interested in coming to your house, have you open us a nice bottle of Cab or Pinot, and then sitting in various chairs in your den to see what kind of coinage I could come up with!

You know as well as I do, that 100 bucks is just "chump change", you toss "C-notes" around like candy.(smile)

I believe the "True Blue 120" is an attempt at this very idea. Encouraging first time donors to give $120 a year. Amounts to $10/mo.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I would be interested in coming to your house, have you open us a nice bottle of Cab or Pinot, and then sitting in various chairs in your den to see what kind of coinage I could come up with!
    You're just around the corner, Mike...and I've got a cellar-full of good cabs and Pinot. Just say the word!

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    When I read this I immediately had this thought in my head of catching Mike Sanders reaching into various couch cushions in my house and I laughed so hard someone came into my office to see what was so funny. Hope all is well, buddy.
    Larry
    Perry, GA