SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Credibility, when lost is hard to regain. You lost yours.
    He HAD credibility with you?

He's a self-proclaimed amateur blogger whose body of work to date consists of a handful of recap/preview pieces written quasi-objectively but clearly from a fan's perspective. He hadn't done anything to warrant journalistic credibility with you. No knock on him at all, I just think we've lost the ability to digest information from ALL sources with neither credulity nor skepticism and to think for ourselves.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

2. Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

I am just curious if people think Big Frank is a credible journalist when he does work for the university he reports on?

Quote Originally Posted by Savannahkid View Post
    I am just curious if people think Big Frank is a credible journalist when he does work for the university he reports on?
    Of course he is. Frank is not employed by Georgia Southern. He does an excellent job covering sports in our viewing area.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Savannahkid View Post
    Is it possible that he can be viewed as both a highly-credible objective journalist at times and also as a non-objective friend of the program catering directly to fan's sentimentality at others depending on the context and content of what he delivers?

I would encourage everyone to be very careful about granting anyone a default tag of absolute credibility.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post

And fwiw, the timeline for all this happening seems to me to point to a situation where TK was reactionary and not proactive. I think this extension came as other schools had already laid plenty of groundwork for him not to stay. This should have gotten done that offseason or about week 3 at the latest. Gotta be ahead of the market instead of scrambling to save it.

I think THAT is the story. I know after busting my butt at my last job, and getting zero appreciation for it, by the time I had started to interview for my current job, I knew if I got offered, I would be gone. Previous job offered to try and match, but at that point it didn't matter. If they would have offered a raise before I interviewed, even if it wasn't for as much money, I likely don't even interview. Sounds like the same situation here. He won the conference first year and it was obvious we had something good here, but TK dragged his feet, and by the time other teams came calling or started taking his phone calls and making offers, Fritz probably already felt as if he had been disrespected by our AD.

I wish the reporters in the meeting with TK asked more questions about the timeline, asked why no extension was given after year 1, asked about if his contract offer was pulled after the Ga State game, etc etc. It was like they just went in, TK said "here is what he was offered" and they just looked at it and said "we're good. thanks TK!" and walked out. A lot of questions were left unanswered IMO, which only hurts TK and this athletic department more.

Fritz not getting a multi-year deal after 2014 is a moot point. Tulane basically saw what they perceived to be an aging coaching gem that they could possibly hold onto for quite a while, and they threw seven figures at him and offered a six-year deal.

We couldn't match that, and rven if we could somehow match that, imagine the teeth-gnashing if two or three years down the road we're struggling because the roster management wasn't good. It happened with Hatcher who arguably did a brilliant job in 2007 and had us almost at rock bottom two seasons later. Then people would be calling TK foolish for offering such a long contract to a guy who brought our APR scores to the brink and didn't recruit well.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 27th September 2017 at 08:08 AM.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post

I wish the reporters in the meeting with TK asked more questions about the timeline, asked why no extension was given after year 1, asked about if his contract offer was pulled after the Ga State game, etc etc. It was like they just went in, TK said "here is what he was offered" and they just looked at it and said "we're good. thanks TK!" and walked out. A lot of questions were left unanswered IMO, which only hurts TK and this athletic department more.
    This is the crux of the situation but even if the reporters ask for specific dates, I don't think either party (TK or Fritz) would be able to produce some sort of certified documentation of various conversations, beyond the minutes, etc, that they've had. The reporters certainly wouldn't have been able to validate dates immediately. There is probably a lot of room to explore that but what's the real payoff for that investment in investigatory time ? You already know the outcome.

I mean, they might be able to go back and print an email or something like that had either had the foresight to 'cover' themselves but that requires a level of thought that either things are beyond repair or you just want to be absolutely certain you have a timeline established and documented.

At least that is how I document conversations with employees.

In any case, it sounds like Fritz felt disrespected before his first year was even over, and whether or not TK picked up on that ... who really knows. As a financial supporter of the school first, and a supporter of any coach second ... I am absolutely going to rally behind the person who "signs" the check unless I know there is some malfeasance or error occurring. I want the AD, whoever it may be, to be operating and negotiating in my best interest as a donor to the program who is interested in seeing the best possible outcome.

I know that sounds backwards to some, but my wallet is more important than theirs.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    But there was no story. It was common knowledge that there were contract negotiations, the two sides did not agree and one left for more money. This was old news and comes across as just a petty attempt to make our University look bad.
    Not everyone has the access you do.

But there was no story. It was common knowledge that there were contract negotiations, the two sides did not agree and one left for more money. This was old news and comes across as just a petty attempt to make our University look bad.
    Exactly, what's the story? Fritz recommended DM for the job, ok?

Stop being so obtuse about this.

Non story maybe, but detail that needed to be released, definitely.
    Last edited by tapate50; 27th September 2017 at 08:56 AM.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker