SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 LastLast

Thread: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    Exactly, what's the story? Fritz recommended DM for the job, ok?
    Well if all you all access insiders just post when the junk hits the fan, it could all be avoided IMO.

In the interest of full disclosure and all.

Then you wonder why there is a upheaval when people jump to conclusions. Its the mob mentality, and don't be shocked when the mob assumes theres more to it when new info comes out. Nothing unnatural about that IMO.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Is it possible that he can be viewed as both a highly-credible objective journalist at times and also as a non-objective friend of the program catering directly to fan's sentimentality at others depending on the context and content of what he delivers?

I would encourage everyone to be very careful about granting anyone a default tag of absolute credibility.
    THIS. So much.

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Well if all you all access insiders just post when the junk hits the fan, it could all be avoided IMO.

In the interest of full disclosure and all.

Then you wonder why there is a upheaval when people jump to conclusions. Its the mob mentality, and don't be shocked when the mob assumes theres more to it when new info comes out. Nothing unnatural about that IMO.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

4. Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    This is the crux of the situation but even if the reporters ask for specific dates, I don't think either party (TK or Fritz) would be able to produce some sort of certified documentation of various conversations, beyond the minutes, etc, that they've had. The reporters certainly wouldn't have been able to validate dates immediately. There is probably a lot of room to explore that but what's the real payoff for that investment in investigatory time ? You already know the outcome.

I mean, they might be able to go back and print an email or something like that had either had the foresight to 'cover' themselves but that requires a level of thought that either things are beyond repair or you just want to be absolutely certain you have a timeline established and documented.

At least that is how I document conversations with employees.

In any case, it sounds like Fritz felt disrespected before his first year was even over, and whether or not TK picked up on that ... who really knows. As a financial supporter of the school first, and a supporter of any coach second ... I am absolutely going to rally behind the person who "signs" the check unless I know there is some malfeasance or error occurring. I want the AD, whoever it may be, to be operating and negotiating in my best interest as a donor to the program who is interested in seeing the best possible outcome.

I know that sounds backwards to some, but my wallet is more important than theirs.
    It doesn't sound backward at all. For the most part that's where I'm at. I learned long ago that coaches/ad's/presidents/administrators are all gonna leave when given better opportunities. As much as we liked Coach Russell we know that had he been WF's age he would have gone to ugag. We are loyal to this program, they are loyal to themselves and their best interests. Nothing wrong with that. In GS's situation if we have a good coach we can't pay enough to keep them, if they are bad they will have to be let go at some point. The Willie Fritts situation is only an issue because we are having tough times with our current coach and people are looking for anything to discredit the athletic adm. Only in very limited situations is GS a final destination for any president or coach etc. If the numbers we see are correct WF would have guaranteed money of 2.8 mil from us vs 7.2 from tulane. Who in their right mind doesn't take that? Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    It doesn't sound backward at all. For the most part that's where I'm at. I learned long ago that coaches/ad's/presidents/administrators are all gonna leave when given better opportunities. As much as we liked Coach Russell we know that had he been WF's age he would have gone to ugag. We are loyal to this program, they are loyal to themselves and their best interests. Nothing wrong with that. In GS's situation if we have a good coach we can't pay enough to keep them, if they are bad they will have to be let go at some point. The Willie Fritts situation is only an issue because we are having tough times with our current coach and people are looking for anything to discredit the athletic adm. Only in very limited situations is GS a final destination for any president or coach etc. If the numbers we see are correct WF would have guaranteed money of 2.8 mil from us vs 7.2 from tulane. Who in their right mind doesn't take that? Nobody.
    I think the records of the revenue and non-revenue sports discredits them, recordings be damned..
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    and people are looking for anything to discredit the athletic adm..
    I don't think this is a witch hunt. I think people are seeing a trend of things going poorly, and desire improvement. If that falls on anyone but the athletic admin, then I'm not seeing it correctly. There is plenty to be upset about other than just football team playing poorly if you want to look at it objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Not a journalist. I'm a full time teacher that tutors and blogs on the side. I picked this up over the summer because it's something I love to do. I don't get paid, at least not yet. Forgotten5 picked me up because they saw what I wrote on my site and were willing to give me a shot. I put my opinion on there but you can ignore that. The audio clip is the story not me. It was clearly worth sharing, considering the media response to it. I didn't create the current situation. I did not hire TS. I provided a side of the story that hadn't been told. Inserting my opinion is no different than what 1000s of outlets do every day.

I was handed an audio clip that I believe was news-worthy, which it has turned out to be. I put it out there for the court of public opinion to decide, blowback be damned. If you don't respect me that's fine. For every naysayer, I have 10 that support what I did.
    The only tie-in that audio clip had to the current situation is the constant of an athletic director. I mean it is CRYSTAL clear to me, that the intent of this coming out now is meant to damage TK.

I'm not going to get into whether or not further scrutiny is warranted given his job performance, because TK has a boss and that will be Dr. Hebert's responsibility to evaluate whether or not TK has an ongoing issue in regards to contracts and negotiations. I think there is certainly enough history there for that to be decided.

I understand the need for transparency, open records, FOIA requests and sunshine laws. It is so things cannot be swept under the rug. I am 100% fine with that. As I said in another post, it is out for the court of "public opinion". The problem I have, is that the general public doesn't have the benefit of knowing ALL the facts, and therefore their conclusion(s) may be a) wrong and b) hurtful to the institution. That is troubling both in the interest of fairness and in the interest of keeping our beloved Institution in a fair light.

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    That is fair. I love my university too. Some have viewed it as an opportunity for TK to clear the air. Not trying to slander anyone. I'm not even fully on the "fire TK" bandwagon. I just think it was a piece of information that needed to be added to the larger story.
    C'mon Nick.

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

8. Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    He HAD credibility with you?

He's a self-proclaimed amateur blogger whose body of work to date consists of a handful of recap/preview pieces written quasi-objectively but clearly from a fan's perspective. He hadn't done anything to warrant journalistic credibility with you. No knock on him at all, I just think we've lost the ability to digest information from ALL sources with neither credulity nor skepticism and to think for ourselves.
    In it's purist sense you are correct, from my perspective when you do something that clearly one sided and with the apparent intent to cause problems then you have lost me.

9. Default Re: Leaked Audio from Willie Fritz's last meeting with the Players

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    But there was no story. It was common knowledge that there were contract negotiations, the two sides did not agree and one left for more money. This was old news and comes across as just a petty attempt to make our University look bad.
    Perhaps for you and your peer group that may be true, but for majority of the 25k people that filled Paulson Stadium last year those details were relatively unknown. I am a booster and season ticket holder for 5 sports and have a good relationship with TK/Kevin and I did not know those details until the tape was released and TK responded. Now I, and many others, can digest those details and draw our own conclusion based on more facts and less rumors.

IMO the article was not dishonest or with malicious intent, he may not support the AD but that is no reason not to share the audio. If the reputation of the University is your primary grievance, do not condemn the local freelance blogger, but look to the sidelines of the game that will be on nation television next Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    C'mon Nick.

Just like the audio, I think that needed to come out too.